1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sending videos via email/text on HTC One M8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chazrob, May 5, 2014.

1. chazrob

chazrob Lurker

Hello Everyone,
    I just made the leap from my iphone 4S to the HTC One M8. So far so good (except for imessage) until I decided to try and send a video clip of my kids today via text (htc standard sms) and email (gmail app). Both times i was told the file was too large. It was only a 40 second video. This was something that I did all of the time with the iphone and I can't believe isn't possible on the Android OS. I'm hoping there is an easy fix/workaround. Please let me know what i need to do.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Blade of 3

Blade of 3 Well-Known Member

Well the problem is because the video is too large. IPhones compress the video down to practically a few pixels for every frame so it's very small. Try using something like drop box, Google drive, or I think snap chat let's you send videos now.

3. robbobbo

robbobbo Lurker

I also just made the leap from an iPhone to the HTC One. Not being able to easily share videos is the one thing that I am truly missing from the iPhone. Have you found an easy way to do this?

4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

As Recoil1 mentioned above really.

In essence iMessage is what WhatsApp is but is limited to iOS devices.

The HTC Message app is for texts so it isn't designed for this type of file transfer. Never used Hangouts but I wonder if that can do it.

It's not that Android isn't capable of doing this it's just that it's not built into the Message app, as mentioned above use an app like WhatsApp.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews