1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Sensation: audio quality, port quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by orellius, Oct 6, 2011.

1. orellius

orellius Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    Hi,

I'm looking to get an HTC Sensation any day now. My plan is to cancel my SiriusXM subscription on the radio in my car, which plugs in through 3.5mm audio jack to the AUX in my deck.

The plan is to use the Sensation instead, plugging it in every time I get in the car to 3.5mm to listen to streaming music through TuneIn Radio, or any other streaming service, I even get SiriusXM on the phone through Bell in Canada.

I'm just curious how the phone will hold up to daily plugging and unplugging of the audio jack? I know on things such as iPods, over time you get intermittent left or right sound on headphones, sometimes it's bad headphones, but sometimes its a bad jack on the iPod, probably just from constant plugging and unplugging.

Q. Can you forsee any issues here, with this phone or similar past HTC phones?

Q. I hear tell that the audio quality on the speaker is not awesome, but how does it fare with headphones or AUX use on stereos?

Q. I saw an adapter for 3.5mm so you can use your own headphones. What is this all about? I can't just plug in standard headphones or AUX cable to the phone without needing a special adapter? If this is just so you can answer calls while listening, and normal headphones work without it, then I'm fine with that.
    http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/p_htc_item.aspx?i=222760

Thanks for any input!

PS. I'm really trying hard to resist buying an iPhone 4 and using it with my stereo instead, my car has a Kenwood KDC-Mp642U deck which is iPhone ready. Hard to resist the urge of phone charging, plus high quality audio through only the charging cable, not having to use 3.5mm. Even though I think with iPhone and deck plug, it only works with iPod app, and not streaming internet radio apps, so I'd have to use 3.5mm anyways lol.

Advertisement

2. bdc

bdc Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    The HTC headphones include the ability to advance the song or call your last caller. The only issue you might encounter (I've had this happen) is some noise / interference coming from your auxiliary source that the phone interprets as commands that are supported on the headphones. For example, I've had my phone just start skipping through one song after another. The solution if this happens is to install Headset Blocker from the android market to disable the phone's support for these headset commands.