1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SensatioN ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawker, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Anyone here using this? SensatioN ROM
    It seems quite good.

As I've not flashed anything is over a fortnight now, I think I might give this a wee snoop....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I tell you what. This one is well worth a try.
    Seems pretty good for me up to now.
    More testing and details to follow.....

3. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Android Enthusiast

Hawker, what does it have over Siyah? Anything that stands out?

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

This is a rom and siyah is a kernel. So you will be able to use both.

5. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Android Enthusiast

Need to learn to read better! Thanks for pointing that out!!

6. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Siyah is a kernel, so you cant compare this to it
    I'll compare it with CheckROM Revolution v4

1. Boot animation sound is back on (will have to remove or rename /system/etc/1_Power_on.ogg and /system/etc/PowerON.wav to silence)
    2. it has the more animated fancy screen rotation built into the rom. personally i dont like this, and a choice to install or not would be better. this also interferes with the crt effect, but it still looks quite nice
    3. has phone number locator in the call settings (like dlevrom does) personally, I've never noticed what this actually does!
    4. many of the standard icons updated (gallery, calendar, music, email, clock etc)
    5. updated call (not dialler) screen. ie when a call is requested or an incoming call is being received. looks quite good to be fair.
    6. the default theme overall is very nice indeed.
    7. i installed the christmas update, and I now have animated snow in the background of my drop-down notification menu. :)
    8. has the message skin selector in the stock messaging app, akin to older firmware versions

notes:
    comes pre-packed with market 3.4.4
    comes with the maxthon browser (not one of my favourites)
    comes with same swype version as checkrom (3.25)

i'm sure with checkrom at work i was getting a better wifi signal. on this rom, its consistently 1 bar. browsing seems as quick as ever though. I will check the signal when i get home.

its well worth a try if like me, you're bored due to the recent lull in flashing activity.
    :)

ironass and Twinn like this.
  7. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

thx for review hawker :) i was thinking about flashing this one but after all decided not to... im so in love with CheckROM Revolution that any other rom i will flash has to be really better than v4 which is not so easy i guess... ;)

8. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

No worries butty.
    To be honest, I've just put CheckROM back on now. SensatioN was nice, but it didn't give me anything outstandingly extra, and of course, it has no equivalent Kitchen app.

SensatioN is definitely one of the nicer ones i've tried. On a par with DlevROM certainly. (another one of my favourites) If you prefer modest ROMs that are not overly blinged then its definitely worth considering.

I'll wait for the next CheckROM offering now. (KL1 probably) :)

9. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

Well i tried few roms but chekrom is deffo my fav atm :) especially once i finally learned how to use kitchen app and cwm properly! and love jkdeluxe as well!! :)

10. Kie

Kie Android Expert

Definitely KL1! And good to hear CheckROM is still the best :p I'd give SensatioN a try, but I haven't had the best luck with using backups lately, so not worth the risk.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews