• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sense 3.0 agenda widget manual refresh only

Turdbogls

Android Expert
Jul 22, 2010
O-town Florida
ok so i like sense 3.0 "carousel" rosie, but i cannot stand the agenda widget. i use it all the time (i have to or i forget to do @#$%)
anyway, it seems like every other time i unlock my phone and go to check my agenda widget, i have to wait about 5 seconds for it to populate my agenda, even though i didn't add anything to my calendars.

is there any way to just have it stay until i add a calendar entry or even re-ad the widget? its really annoying to me.

or am i the only one that has this issue...lol

any nice "sense looking" agenda widgets in the market that would look good and do the job without rerfeshing every time i look at it?

ok so i like sense 3.0 "carousel" rosie, but i cannot stand the agenda widget. i use it all the time (i have to or i forget to do @#$%)
anyway, it seems like every other time i unlock my phone and go to check my agenda widget, i have to wait about 5 seconds for it to populate my agenda, even though i didn't add anything to my calendars.

is there any way to just have it stay until i add a calendar entry or even re-ad the widget? its really annoying to me.

or am i the only one that has this issue...lol

any nice "sense looking" agenda widgets in the market that would look good and do the job without rerfeshing every time i look at it?

I think you have something else going on...unless the widget behaves very differently when using sense. Mine is always populated when I unlock, and I have it right on the main home screen.

Upvote 0
I think you have something else going on...unless the widget behaves very differently when using sense. Mine is always populated when I unlock, and I have it right on the main home screen.

what do you mean by "when using sense"?
the calendar app itself works fine when viewing the agenda, but the widget does this.
i have different calendars syncing with it, maybe it is facebook that is messing with it....but either way, it is still annoying.

i have had this issue will ALL sense 3.0 ROM's i have run. so i dont think it is just isolated to me. but i will try unsyncing facebook calendar and see if that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones