1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root sense 3.0? anyone a happy camper?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paully, Aug 11, 2011.

1. paully

paully Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Male
    Service Manager
    Norman, OK
    the Mrs. is ready for a change...

so I haven't been here in a while, and i see there are a few GB 2.3 w/ Sense 3.0 options out there now.

what's the consensus word on this tasty duo running on the evo? is it smooth and wonderful? or is a little too much code causing some twitchiness? what's folks' favorite rom, statistically speaking?

i'll temper these questions with that she doesn't like me screwin around with her phone too much. so i should be asking "what's folks' favorite STABLE rom?" i can't be updating too often. so if things haven't settled down yet. she may have to give myn a shot or something.

anyhoo... thank's for any info. and thank's for having such a rockin community here!

(sidenote: right now she's running stock 2.2 w/ netarchy-toastmod's 4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc (More Aggressive HAVS) for a kernel, was fine for a bit, but occasionally acts a little laggy and random "rebooty". i'm planning on trying a less aggressive version of thiers. any suggestions on a what to try besides that?)

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    ok first i love sense 3.0 but they require for the most part that you partition your card. and you need a class 6 or higher card to do it. there is mik3d that is still in alpha, but it should be more of a beta then an alpha as this thing is just super smooth. i have been on it for a few weeks which is a long stint for me on any one rom. i can't wait for the final release.

as far the best rom try mikg or synergy roms. both are very stock looking. i like mikg more then syn though. it is really fast and very stable.

paully likes this.
  3. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    I agree with ocnbrze, for stability with performance MikG 2.45 is the one you want.

Edit:
    One thing, MikG is Sense 2.1 w/ some Sense 3.0 elements (lockscreen, weather, etc) - so for a full Sense 3.0 ROM Mik3D-A1 is your best bet (although hopefully there is an "official" updated release soon).

paully likes this.
  4. geewhiz

geewhiz Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    bayou country
    +1 on the mikg for stability and definitely a fancy improvement with the sense 2.1 + 3.0. Best part is you can easily do it without having to mess with your SD card.

Battery life is pretty good. I can easily make it a day with plenty left over. Can't wait till a sbc kernel pops up. I've just been running the stock one it comes with.

paully likes this.
Tags: