1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Sense 3.0 ROM questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rafalema, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Rafalema

Rafalema Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Finland
    Hello..

Well currently I'm running Redux (1.2), but today I decided to try one of the Sense 3.0 ROMs, since they looked nice enough.

I tried this first [ROM][Sense 3][6 August]CrystalPyramid v0.5.1[D2EXT+][S-OFF][Stable!] - xda-developers
    (I do not have S-OFF or partitioned SD-card)

And what happened was, wiped the caches, factory reset etc. installed correctly, and then tried to reboot.

It got stucked on the HTC Logo screen. I went outside for an hour or so, leaving the phone doing whatever it was doing.

An hour later, I come back, and it's on the same screen, on the HTC Logo? Then I waited another 20 minutes before I pulled the battery out.

After this, I tried to reboot again, waited for 20 minutes and then pulled the battery out. Boot into recovery, back to Redux, now everything's fine.
    What went wrong? Any ideas?

After that, I tried this ROM; ║ROM║6 Aug║-CrystalPyramid v1.0.4-║Smoooooth║250mb+ free RAM║Arabic║LeeDROiD Kernel║ - Page 2 - xda-developers

Which failed to install completely, showed some error reports and then install aborted. Again, before this, did a factory reset and wiped caches.

Any ideas?
    I'd really like to give those 3.0 Sense ROMs a try they look great.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    The Roms are too big and need a partition on sd card to function. Pretty sure both threads mention this

3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I was just trying to spot that in the second thread, but without much joy. Frankly it's a bit slapdash about spelling out the requirements, which for a Sense 3.0 ROM will not be standard.

But the first one clearly says that you need certain things for it to work, and since you don't have them then you should not be surprised if it doesn't.

4. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Actually I couldn't find in either thread. One I found something about 2 partitions and data2sd.

Both poorly presented threads imho

Tags: