• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sense 5.0 (Android 4.2.2/4.3 discussion)

I believe this update is the only one HTC plans on giving to the EVO 4G LTE. :(

I'm really disappointed in HTC for not upgrading this awesome phone to Sense5 - version 4.2 or 4.3.

Anyway, I've downloaded the recent update...I'm wondering if I should go ahead and installed it...even though I'm rooted. :)

No, not if it's via OTA.

See the root forum.

Upvote 0

We know the 4.2.2 update for HOX got blinkfeed but No ZOE. Since this is a 4.3 bump and hop-scotch 4.2.2. EM, I am with you, wondering if ZOE will be baked into 4.3

Honestly, after just getting a maintenance update for LTEVO. I was thinking OTA wise LTEVO was EOL. Definitely a gift. I can comfortably wait for my upgrade now before picking up One Max. I still think it should be EVO Max! Kickstand please :p

Upvote 0
How on God's green Earth did my eyes tell me that Google Chrome was Google Now in that post??

OK it's official (again) - I'm an idiot! :D

Thanks Cap, I wouldn't have noticed without the clarification. :)
I now remember seeing Google Chrome was amongst the list of apps inside my application drawer. ;)

I think there aim (Google) is to give us a feel of Google's soon to be default browser on devices.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Reactions: Rush
Upvote 0
We were doing PC installs back in the Evo Froyo days.

Sprint used to keep update downloads on their website.

Easier on the network, convenient fallback for those having update issues.

The HTC One updates recently are approaching 300 MB and they started with Sense 5.

They could be assuming a lot of things - LTEvo users are happy or they want the differentiator for the One - or it's just too much for an older phone.

Either way, we're getting it. :)

As a rooter, I'm happy.

Upvote 0
We were doing PC installs back in the Evo Froyo days.

Sprint used to keep update downloads on their website.

Easier on the network, convenient fallback for those having update issues.

The HTC One updates recently are approaching 300 MB and they started with Sense 5.

They could be assuming a lot of things - LTEvo users are happy or they want the differentiator for the One - or it's just too much for an older phone.

Either way, we're getting it. :)

As a rooter, I'm happy.
Yeah, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for the clarity. :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Don't count on that - it's an old Android problem and I've complained for a while about it.

The operating system relies on caches, just like a browser.

And just like a browser, those can get tangled when things change a lot.

This update WILL tangle things under the hood and will NOT include the few simple additional update code lines to fix it.

Backup your goods, Helium Backup is very good, and just plan now to do a backup, factory data reset and restore once the big update hits.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I would have been surprised if this had never happened.

Is isn’t the best news we’ve heard, but at least HTC is working hard to deliver somewhat timely updates to last years devices. Stay tuned for more details.
At least the wait for this update (since officially announced) isn't as overwhelming as waiting for Sprint's 4G LTE. Haha-ha.

Note: Rooting is always an option for those who cannot wait.

Upvote 0
I'm a little surprised.

The only HTC Sprint device that they pulled back on a promised update before was the Evo 3D.

They're turning their attention to KitKat and newer devices, so I don't see the point in the delay here.

Even though I'm rooted, I'm affected.

Devs don't get a stable base until this drops.

We can get the Captain's Sense 5, and even CM KitKat, but this is still an important option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones