• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sense 5.0 (Android 4.2.2/4.3 discussion)

EDIT: I'm completely blind EM posted this a few weeks ago. :p

Nothing to see here, move along....

Just read this a few minutes ago. Can't believe I didn't hear about this sooner. :(

We have a really good Sense 5 rom currently running for the rooted users, so maybe this update doesn't seem as critical. I dunno. :eek:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte...roid-4-1-2-working-bluetooth-face-unlock.html

Article can be found here:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Android 4.3 Update Delayed, It Seems

Were any of yinz really looking forward to this happening sooner than later?

Reactions: Rush
Upvote 0
My wife's phone now. I waited anxiously for 4.3 to drop for my Note 2, only to be disappointed. The update added little discernible improvement for me. Essentially , it's little more than moving around the deck chairs a little. The dev community has largely moved on and there is precious little in the way of rooted 4.3 (MK4) roms beyond a couple of basic almost stock roms. There appears to be little or nothing more to come either. I ended up going back to my heavily themed ( and now 6 month deserted by its dev) 4.1.2 based rom. The other issue we're now seeing with the LTEvo is the battery which seems to have noticeably diminished capacity (inevitable?). I didn't think this would be an issue when I bought the phone, but this may be a reason to avoid phones without removable batteries in the future. I'm not even sure my wife will hold out with this phone for 4.3 to drop :( . The complaints about battery life are growing louder.

Sense 5 might be a reason to stress out about the delay, but I don't think 4.3 itself is.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ongoing pep talk and assistance, EM. ;)

I am waiting on a new battery for my Windows 7 laptop, hopefully the update don't drop before then. Lol. :D

Would this method gives me S-off?

I really love this phone. And it seems like you do too. <> wink wink<>

I totally love this phone.

And no, HTCdev.com unlocks the the bootloader, does not give s-off.

We really ought to continue this in the ATR. ;)

Upvote 0
Or maybe never?

HTC says the One X, One X+ won't get any more Android updates | The Verge

The ltevo is basically the One X, correct?

Yes and no.

Yes except for different carrier (therefore radios) and we have an SD card. (And although functionally the same as the One X otherwise (therefore software wise), the LTEvo has a more expensive chassis and easier to replace battery than the other One X models. And kickstand fwiw.)

When the others were being said to get nothing more, we were getting pushed out a month.

Notice that AT&T users got 4.1 long after we did, and not all users got the HTCdev.com support we did - so somehow in non-obvious ways, the carrier agreements seem to matter.

HTC has always kept announcements about our phone separate from the sister models.

Upvote 0
Reactions: PyroSporker
Upvote 0
Hate to be a pessimist but the recent One X announcement sours my hope for an update anytime soon, if ever, on this phone. This will be my last HTC phone. My OG Evo was getting updates months ahead of my wife's Galaxy 1 but now the roles have completely reversed with HTC essentially dropping the LTE like it never existed and focusing solely on the One while my wife's S3 has been updated a few times already.

Upvote 0
The LTEvo was released 21 months ago.

Until they say otherwise, it's getting a major update at the 22 month mark.

That suggests that the bailing on the HOX is carrier related, something we've seen proven over and over and over again.

But always blamed on the makers (ask the Sammy users who never got updates that Europe did, or some of them 6 months later).

The pullback on the HOX started in Europe, and it was laid at issues with the Tegra 3. Then it spread to the other US carriers.

No idea where the idea is coming from that they're abandoning support after 3 or 4 months.

What's next - blaming them for poor performance by the Easter Bunny?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones