• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sense 5.0 (Android 4.2.2/4.3 discussion)

After the update my data has gone completely in the crapper. I essentially have no data. On 4G it shows one bar but nothing works then all goes away with no 3G or 4G symbol. Rebooting the phone usually gets it back briefly but goes away again. I was getting data in these locations previously and it never showed roaming. Voice quality has also gone down.

Don't like the new phone app either or maybe there is a tweak. When searching for a contact in the old as you typed it would show all matches and narrow down the choices the more letters you typed. Now it just shows one line/contact. Is there a way to change it?

Upvote 0
This has been a huge mistake. 4G is still non-existent and I have reverted to CDMA only which gets me sporadic 3G coverage which is better than no coverage. Yesterday I had no voice service, got the roaming message and enter a 1 to buy a code to make a call. Nothing like being prompted to buy a code to call Sprint CS to report my problems. Voice quality is also in the tank. Very very disappointed.

Upvote 0
Find an active Wi-Fi connection, and connect.

Go under Settings / System Updates / Update PRL let it do it's thing.

Then go under the same menu, and select Update Profile. Be patient, let it go through the process.

If that doesn't work, call into Sprint customer service and ask to have your phone reprovisioned from their end. That usually fixes any thing that the data and PRL update doesn't fix.

The new update shows data signal strength, not voice signal strength.

This update has data roaming disabled by default, I believe you'll need to be rooted to get the roaming data working again. :(

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones