• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense 5 Port - Android 4.1.2 - working Bluetooth, Face Unlock

Best Buy gave me a new Blue HTC ONE for a big hassle they were giving me over replacing my LTE.
Will pop in to see how things are going in here.

Glad you got a working unit, you ever getting back into roms, i think I still have yours on my old touch pro.

Captain, thanks for making this available. been nice and simple to run yours vs some of the others out there.

Upvote 0
Awesome work Cap'n, really appreciate what you do for the community!

I'm still running r24, so once I get some time I'll get r28 downloaded and flashed.
You really don't have to change unless there's a reason you think you should. There's only one file difference between the two, and if you're going to dirty flash, it essentially won't make a difference. I'd stick with r24 if I were you ;).

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
I've noticed that when I have my phone in my card dock, and I'm on an active phone call, the avatar of the person I'm talking to is so large that the dial pad is cut off on the right side of the screen. It happens both when using the Car app and when just loading up the Phone app while in the car dock.

This screenshot is from when using the Car app.

This screenshot is just loading up the Phone app while the phone is docked (so it forces landscape view).

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, or if there is anything that can be done about it. But I wanted to share the info.

Thanks for all your hard work on this rom Captain, it runs so smooth and bug free!

Upvote 0
I've noticed that when I have my phone in my card dock, and I'm on an active phone call, the avatar of the person I'm talking to is so large that the dial pad is cut off on the right side of the screen. It happens both when using the Car app and when just loading up the Phone app while in the car dock.

This screenshot is from when using the Car app.

This screenshot is just loading up the Phone app while the phone is docked (so it forces landscape view).

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, or if there is anything that can be done about it. But I wanted to share the info.

Thanks for all your hard work on this rom Captain, it runs so smooth and bug free!
Yup, that's a resizing issue, and I couldn't figure out where that stuff was to replace it with proper size stuff (just like the Calendar dialer issue). That we'll unfortunately have to live with unless you can find someone who knows how to resize it. Sorry. That's one of two resizing issues I can't fix.

Reactions: Chewieez
Upvote 0
I see that a lot of people are choosing to run the MAC kernel with this ROM. I don't have ANY issues with the Stock kernel that came with the ROM, but would like to know what truly is the added benefit of running the MAC kernel. Does it provide even better battery life? Or is it an OCing thing? I don't want to flash and mess up anything.

Upvote 0
I see that a lot of people are choosing to run the MAC kernel with this ROM. I don't have ANY issues with the Stock kernel that came with the ROM, but would like to know what truly is the added benefit of running the MAC kernel. Does it provide even better battery life? Or is it an OCing thing? I don't want to flash and mess up anything.

The biggest benefit is sweep features, bonus is better battery and smoothness. I run Arc, plays very well with my device. They are all good, give it a shot :D

Reactions: Blazin Chaos
Upvote 0
Loving this ROM. Thanks for all your work and help over the years.

Only 'issues' I've come across so far...

Getting an error message saying gapps has stopped responding. (I am running Nova Launcher. Not sure if that matters.)

Kid Mode is still an option in the Power Menu even though I uninstalled it and rebooted.
You didn't freeze or remove anything Sense-related, did you?

And I knew there was something I was forgetting about with Kid Mode. I'll have to update r29 with that change. If you look at the change log after I fix it and check the diff, you'll see what I changed to fix it. It's one simple edit that can be done manually.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
You didn't freeze or remove anything Sense-related, did you?

And I knew there was something I was forgetting about with Kid Mode. I'll have to update r29 with that change. If you look at the change log after I fix it and check the diff, you'll see what I changed to fix it. It's one simple edit that can be done manually.

I don't think I did but I could have. I read somewhere that setting the apps back to default fixes it. Did it and haven't seen the error message since.

Looking forward to r29. Thanks again for the info and for doing what you do.

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone has stumbled upon this but in case it helps anyone. When I add a PIC to a text message it gets compressed bad so text in pic is illegible but then I added a second pic and that one did not get compressed at all. I removed the first pic keeping the second one then I added the first one back and neither was compressed. So if you add a bogus pic first then add the one you really want then remove the first pic you will get no compression. Hope it helps someone.

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone has stumbled upon this but in case it helps anyone. When I add a PIC to a text message it gets compressed bad so text in pic is illegible but then I added a second pic and that one did not get compressed at all. I removed the first pic keeping the second one then I added the first one back and neither was compressed. So if you add a bogus pic first then add the one you really want then remove the first pic you will get no compression. Hope it helps someone.

I will have to give that a try. I've had the same issues with adding pics to text messages.

Upvote 0
Anyone else having bluetooth issues on r28?

I can't seem to find any bluetooth devices even though they are broadcasting. Switched from meanbean about a week ago and bluetooth was working on there so I doubt it's the hardware flaking out. I'll try a re-flash if no one else has had issues.

In case someone runs into this, a dirty re-flash worked for me.

Reactions: Rush
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones