• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense 5 Port - Android 4.1.2 - working Bluetooth, Face Unlock

What is not working on r20? Just zoe now?
Changelog is still in the OP ;).

I don't count Zoe because it wasn't designed for our camera, and the port for the OneXL doesn't even include it as an option. If yankees2450 gets it working 100%, only then will it be included, and at that point I would consider it an added feature.

Upvote 0
OP says current revision is r21 on Drive?
I just update that to whatever the latest revision is, even if I don't upload a full ROM. Just so everyone knows there was an update.

I'll try to get around to exporting and uploading at some point soon.

Upvote 0
I just update that to whatever the latest revision is, even if I don't upload a full ROM. Just so everyone knows there was an update.

I'll try to get around to exporting and uploading at some point soon.
This being said, I uploaded r21. However, I figured out the Sprint TV issue (with some help on IRC) and that will be part of the r22 update. Probably won't be until tomorrow though.

Upvote 0
That is great news and what I was waiting on.
Awesome work brother.
I will warn you, though - it'll require a clean flash. Sorry.

I have found, though, that using Google backup to restore my apps, letting it finish, and then restoring using HTC Backup seems to get all my apps and settings in place with minimal effort. All I have to do is install whatever app data I want at that point, and I'm good to go.

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0
I seem to have broken Album :(. I fail.

Last time I tried to fix something this was the result:
TacomaNarrowsBridgeCollapse_in_color.jpg

You're doing a kick ass job, your fail level is negligible IMO. ;)

Upvote 0
As I just found out reading this; CT broke the album part of gallery as none of our pics show up from internal or external memory. I finally gave this rom another go, beautiful work CT. Enough for me to join here and tell you about it (I'm on XDA too, same SN)

I guess I can deal without an album for a little while until you fix it. I was on the original Sense 5 for us for a while. You finally sold me.

Upvote 0
Can someone test whether Gallery is working properly now? I dirty flashed back to this one, and it's still working after being on the version I had it working on.

I don't know if some update I unknowingly made fixed it, or if it's still broken or what. But I do know this - it's confusing.

EDIT: I guess you'll only be able to test if you have SVN set up and create your own zip, for the time being. r22 is uploading, but it's taking forever, because I'm at work.

Upvote 0
I tried flashing Y4 to see what he had going on and for some reason it killed my recovery and sent me in bootloops.
Any attempt to get into recovery just jumped back to bootloops.
I flashed recovery via bootloader and got back in.
Then it said unable to mount internal or external storage.
No rom would flash.
I managed to get stock to flash even though it said failed.
Booted up and it fixed my storage but my internal storage was wiped.
Craziness. LOL
Not related to the topic I know, just a heads up if it happens to anyone else.

Gonna flash r22 when it goes up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones