1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sense camera aosp rom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cipher6, Nov 23, 2011.

1. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

Has anyone tried to install the camera app in sense to a aosp rom? I assume it wouldn't work, but has anyone actually tried that combo?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Yes it has been tried.
    The camera app from sense roms need the sense framework to function.
    They don't work. Sorry.

3. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member

I wish that would work. For some reason, any camera program running on AOSP rom will take grainy photos. I've tried a few different ones.

On my old Inc1, Camera360 would take great pictures running cm7 rom. But pics looks crappy on my Inc2.

That's why I'm sticking to a Sense rom for now. For comparison, I used Camera360 with a sense rom and the photos look great. So there's something about the way AOSP roms handle the camera on the Inc2 that's bad.

4. derrickdroid

derrickdroid Member

Have you tried the MIUI camera apk? I'm using that and it looks really good on my AOSP rom

5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

How did you install it? Which apk did you use (from which MIUI version)?

I have tried to install it with root explorer a couple times, and tried copy/pasting it into the appropriate folder a few times too. Never have I succeeded.

6. derrickdroid

derrickdroid Member

Idk what version it was that I used but it was from the fixed download in the link Im giving you.
    xda-developers - View Single Post - MIUI camera app for CM7 [New Version posted 5-28]
    Just install it as a system app. And since his directions are for using root explorer the one that isn't free you can use ES file explorer. That file manager is free And does the same things. I'm at work right now using my phone so sorry if my post isn't really helpful. But his instructions are really easy to follow..

TheAtheistReverend likes this.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews