• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense force close problem after root

helofast

Nov 1, 2009
So i have my rooted evo with cm7 ROM and I tried to flash my friends evo with mynwarm2.2, so after 2/3 tries it would not boot up so I simply restored. i figured it was something with the phone. Next I factory reset his phone and format sd card to try and get a better result, the problem now is after I did the factory reset, the phone does not load sense, it tries but keeps telling me force close, over and over again, it keeps doing to the point where the phone is unusable and I am not sure what to do now. Can someone give me some advice on what to do next? help would be much appreciated, thanks

you can also try and re-flash the rom as well. i use caulkin's format all in addition to wiping before i flash a rom just to be safe. you can get it here: Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL.zip if you like.

do I save it to the SD card? The only things working for me right now is attaching the phone to my macbook via usb cable and setting it as disk, or power+down volume button and going into recovery.

Upvote 0
yeah download it and transfer it to your card. just flash it like you would do with a custom rom. it just wipes system, data, dalvik cache and cache for you. so for me i
1.make a nandroid
2.wipe cache and dalvik cache and system
3.flash caulkin's
4.flash rom
i'm a little paranoid i guess.

k Im trying this now hope it works (cross fingers)

Upvote 0
the avatar is just funny. some people here went from a bb to our beloved evo. i went from a bb to the hero and then to the evo. i hated both bb and the hero. just saying.....

soooo were we able to get it work?

Actually ive owned about every smartphone sprint had from berrys to pre to android up unyil the evo. Ive liked this phone so much I don't feel a urge to change anymore.

And to answer your question, yes. I had to download the pcimg136.zip (i believe that's the name) and after updating hbot it worked as it should, then I flashed a rom and is working
well now, I have to thank my patience or I would have gone crazy lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones