1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sense Force Close

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by luppus13, Feb 16, 2011.

1. luppus13

luppus13 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    San Diego, Whales Vagina
    Hey Guys,
    This is my first post, but I have been a lurker since purchasing my evo back over the summer. Lately I have had the Sense force closing or wait button popping up frequently throughout the day. I have done everything, turned the phone off, and pulled the battery with no luck. It normally happens when hitting the home button and trying to go back to the home screen after leaving a program. I haven

Advertisement

2. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Ditching the task killer is a good start.. After that I'd get rid of any widgets you have and see if that's causing a problem.

You could always try another launcher like ADW or launcher pro if you can't get it figured out.

3. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member
    None

May 21, 2010
    Student
    Arizona
    Is it Sense crashing completely? Where your home screen actually reboots with the HTC in green on a white screen?
    Have you uninstalled any apps recently? or widgets?
    And have you been switching between home layout?
    i dont use sense and I forgot what they're called, but it's under the menu category and you can save different setups.

If you answered yes to all those questions, thats your problem.
    Go ahead and use a different layout or start a new one. If that solves the problem, then you need to delete whichever one it was.
    If the crashing is so bad and you can't get to your layouts, it might be something worst...

It also could've have been caused by frequent use of your task killer...

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    If all else fails a factory reset will clear the problem.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    typically this is cause like you said , by a task killer OR a memory hogging app. Android will start killing off items with a vengeance when it starts running out of memory.

I think many use system panel to keep track of items that may be memory hogs.

6. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    To expound on the memory issue, if you're using any app that runs as a home replacement, then your actual launcher on top of it, you're likely to get force closes all the time, but it depends on what the app is. An example would be something like Quickdesk. It works as a home replacement, which then runs whatever launcher you want on top of it. Android dedicates a fixed memory limit for the launcher. If you have a setup like this, when you start running out of memory, the launcher running on top of a different home replacement will get killed immediately. Are you using any apps like that? They're known to cause such problems.

7. luppus13

luppus13 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    San Diego, Whales Vagina
    Ok so I removed the task killer and it is still happening. I am not running any random widgets other then the pandora, friendstream, music, and the audio mngr widget. I have been running those widgets from day 1 when I got my evo and the force close didnt start happening until recently. I dont think there is a connection. And yes, if I chose the force close rather then wait option, sense totally restarts with the white screen and HTC in green. Also, another weird thing that started happening, if I go to my far left screen where I have my pandora, music and audio mngr widget and then hit the home button, then scroll back to that screen, those widgets dissapear for a few moments and then return. I would do a factory reset, but I really dont feel like having to reset my phone to the way I like it. Any Ideas on these issues?

8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    I'm also thinking it could be a memory issue. How much space do you have on the internal memory? Do you frequently clear cache from apps? Just a thought.

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    have you rebooted at all during any of this? do that if you have not already

10. luppus13

luppus13 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    San Diego, Whales Vagina
    I have 57 mb internal available storage on the phone at the moment which should be plenty. Also, I do clear all of the cache from apps semi regularly.
    And by re-booting, do you mean turning the phone off, and or pulling the battery? If so, yes, have done that and do that on a regular basis.
    Any other ideas?

11. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member
    None

May 21, 2010
    Student
    Arizona
    The reason I asked if you had deleted certain widgets is because sometimes sense will try to boot these, if you previously had it on your layout, and it causes it to crash.

Since that doesn't seem to be the case you shouldn't have to do a clear cache of your apps regular, it could've been caused by the use of your task killer.

If it is, it might take awhile for your phone to get used to not having a tasks killed off frequently before you start to see a change.

If you don't wanna wait, factory reset might be your only choice.

12. luppus13

luppus13 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    San Diego, Whales Vagina
    Im not totally opposed to doing a factory reset, I just like the way my phone is currently set up and am too lazy to reset it to the way it is now. LOL. And, I like all of the apps that I have now and again, laziness is just looming. LOL. If anyone else has any other ideas that may be the culprit, please let me know. Also, the disappearing of widgets for a few seconds is a weird one, any ideas?

13. luppus13

luppus13 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    San Diego, Whales Vagina
    Hey Guys,
    I was just wondering if there were any other opinions on this topic? I am still having the problems and really dont want to have to do a factory reset. I would like to keep this as a last option. I am still having the problems stated above.
    Thanks for the help!

14. jamesdean

jamesdean Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    You are going to have to decide whether the factory reset or live with the problem is the lesser of two evils.

15. luppus13

luppus13 Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    San Diego, Whales Vagina
    Well, I did the restore and now the force close issue has stopped (for now anyway) but the dissapearing widget occurance is still continuing. Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?!?! Please help, its super annoying.

Tags: