1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sense Force Closing all the time w/ MikG's 3.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lord Vader, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Android Enthusiast

Sense isn't working for some reason. I flashed this ROM, added the purple theme, then flashed the original Rosie zip (traditionalist here), and now every time I long press an app to remove it from the screen, I get the message

I can click on an app's icon and do most other things. I just can't long press on one to remove it from the screen. Moreover, I can't long press anything. If I do, the Force Close error pops up. This effectively renders me unable to remove an apps icon from any screen.

Also, I am getting a lot of similar Force Close error nags in other processes, including Google.app.process, or whatever that is.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what did you wipe before flashing the rom? what recovery are you on? try wiping dalvik cache and cache and see if that helps.

3. Lord Vader

Using Ra for recovery, and I did both those wipes. The strange thing is that Sense worked fine after I flashed the ROM and the purple theme. I didn't like the Rosie in that theme, so I decided to flash Mik's stock Rosie zip. After I did that, the Sense Force Close problem arose.

4. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

Have you tried fixing permissions? You can do it in recovery. In Amon RA you go to "Other" and then "Fix apk uid mismatches". That helps a lot with force close issues.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ocnbrze

it is not recommended that you flash one theme then wipe and flash another. you need to nandroid restore and then flash the other theme. so hopefully you have a nandroid backup of mikg before you flash the pruple theme.

6. Lord Vader

I'm giving that a try as I type and will let you know if that works. Worse case scenario, I can just reflash the ROM and leave its Rosie intact.

7. ocnbrze

the other thing you can do is wipe dalvik cache and cache and re-flash mikg. do not wipe data.

8. Lord Vader

It might come to that.

9. Lord Vader

That didn't seem to work, so I'm going to just reflash the ROM itself.

10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It seems like he wanted the purple theme but the stock rosie?

n thaat case, its usually not OK to mix and match themes. Either you stick with one or the other.

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. Lord Vader

I just reflashed the ROM and kept the stock Rosie and theme. All is well.

Rxpert83 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews