• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense Hero 2.1 ROM for ROOT Fully Working

I did do a full wipe (according to the bootloader screen) but it still left some of my dad on the SD card (or is it just wiping internal memory?)

You don't have to wipe the SD card when flashing ROMs, unless you're using apps2sd. And even then you only have to wipe the apps, not the main partition of the card with your music and so on.

Upvote 0
Anyone having GPS/Wifi/Data issues with the latest sense rom, im considering it as Im getting very frustrated with the villain constantly losing wifi or gps

Hi Jaff, mine seems fine, dont use GPS much but when I have its been good.

Pel

On another note Stickman is developing a new version based on GSM leak, so alot of the inherant problems with the previous leaks may/should go away, so may be worth holding on for that release.... maybe... :D

Upvote 0

Pel

On another note Stickman is developing a new version based on GSM leak, so alot of the inherant problems with the previous leaks may/should go away, so may be worth holding on for that release.... maybe... :D

A GSM leak? :D Any idea how recent the leaked version is?

Upvote 0

Pel

Thats interesting, I love the Villian, its smooth and quick, the conectivity seems lacking though..

I have not being able to track my runs propperly because the GPS just dies.

Upvote 0
My phone was an orange branded Hero but i bought it unlocked. If i try and flash it with a standard HTC rom will this mean it locks itself again? ATM i am on MoDaCo 3.2, i tried flashing to SenseHero a few times and failed. Am wondering if there might be an advantage to going back to a stock rom...

Upvote 0
Thanks, found it just after posting! However, installed "Friend Stream" and its installed, but can't put it as widget and the app doesnt show anything when I click refresh (All set up... )
Youll need to do the following

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Htc Sense

Clear Data and then return to home and check your widgets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones