1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sense keeps rebooting after leaving browser or app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drews66, Sep 21, 2011.

1. drews66

drews66 Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Have searched around a bit, when I exit the browser or apps by hitting the home button, 1 out of every 5 maybe will get the white HTC boot screen then loading and back to normal. This has happened since the GB update and is darn annoying.

I have no task killers, or spare parts installed. Have no new apps installed over what I have always had.

Seems to slowly be getting worse. Anyone else having this issue after update? Seems like a software issue maybe since seems some with the EVO have this issue.

Advertisement

2. worldwithin

worldwithin Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    I too have been noticing the same issue on my device. I have also been noticing that it has been kinda locking up to the point where it won't do anything for a bit of time, but does not reboot. Usually seems fine after I kill of the multitude of useless apps that are running.

3. romy134

romy134 Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    I also started having these issues. although it does not happen every time. It is more frequent when I use browser or intense apps. I just do a hard reset when it becomes way to frequent. Hoping for a less annoying fix.

4. allyn

allyn Newbie
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    i've seen that since gingerbread with the browser. on froyo i used to see it frequently after exiting handcent. i don't think handcent is causing it any more. just the browser.

5. drews66

drews66 Member
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    Hmm this is annoying, seems maybe gingerbread since is better with using resources, maybe anytime you open something that is memory intensive kills off htc sense hence the reboots often.

6. swindelljd

swindelljd Member
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    This was happening to me constantly. It would also get worse the closer /data/data got to filling up. I did a factory reset and left a bunch of stuff off the home screens, especially widgets. I did this mostly to make the sense restart go faster. Now it only happens once a day. Definitely very frustrating.

Grrrrr it just happened after finishing this post and returning to the home screen. I do hope Verizon did pull this update because the totally botched it.

7. cmybliss

cmybliss Android Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2010
    The Abarat
    I've been experiencing this problem too. Often happens if I've been in the settings menus, specifically the apps menu. Also when I exit the browser or an intense app. Very annoying.