1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sense or Motoblur or Touchwiz style launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ben7337, May 3, 2011.

1. ben7337

ben7337 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    I am running a D2G and have been trying to play with fission 2.4.3 and some custom themes, but I can't really get over the stock launcher, it isn't terrible but I would love to replace the browser icon with a contacts icon which seems impossible. All other launchers, go launcher, launcher pro, zeam, etc all seem to put tiny ugly icons down there and leave things looking bare, and some of them refuse to let me add icons to the screen easily or if I press the home button make me pick a screen. Is there a launcher out there that can just look like motoblur or sense and keep things simple or one that can be like touchwiz where it just adds another row of full sized icons essentially? I really just want the basics of the manufacturer launchers without the glitchiness and power wasting. Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    I'm a fan of ADW. It performs well, lets you change all the icons you want, and there are themes available in the market

3. ben7337

None

Jul 21, 2010
    My problem with ADW launcher is that the home button doesn't take me home, it pops up 5 screens and makes you pick one. I prefer when it just takes me to the main homescreen.

Honestly I never use contacts anyway, I guess I can just stick to the stock launcher, and just have the browser icon down there on the right and a regular sized icon up above it to the left and it's no big deal really. Besides last time I tried this rom my phone started freezing a lot so I had to go back to the stock moto setup.

4. Rav112

Rav112 Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    in adw u can customize the home button binding and gestures. My home takes me to my default screen and swipe down shows previews. Swipe up shows the hidden dock bar which can hold as many icons as u want.
    Take some time to get to know it, it really is an amazing launcher without going to a custom rom.

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Yep. There's a specific check box so that feature can be turned on or off

6. ben7337

None

Jul 21, 2010
    Yeah just realized I could customize that stuff, hadn't ever noticed before. Thanks.

Has anyone ever had an issue with ADW where it keeps putting an icon that doesn't belong somewhere, back in the same spot where it was once accidentally placed? I ask because my app drawer open/close button is where the trash can used to go, and so originally I accidentally dragged shopsavvy there, but then changed it back to the appdrawer control button and yet shopsavvy keeps trying to go there. I uninstalled shopsavvy and rebooted the phone and things seem okay but I don't know if it will stay that way or if reinstalling shopsavvy would result in the problem reoccurring.

7. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    With ADW, the drag and drop can be a bit tricky.. I've swapped out the app drawer button by mistake as well. Fortunately, you can create a "shortcut" to the app drawer and place it wherever you'd like. So, if you change it by mistake, just long press on the homescreen and create a new app drawer button.

8. Rav112

Rav112 Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    Maybe a problem with your backup settings in adw. I've noticed if it hangs it tries to reset to ur last good configuration. Try doing a new backup of ur adw settings and desktop configuration.