1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Sense ROMs and MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dclay89, Nov 8, 2010.

1. dclay89

dclay89 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hey guys,

I have been trying out some different ROMs trying to pick out a daily and I have ran into a very annoying problem. When I download a sense ROM I cannot send MMS through Handcent or ChompSMS. However, the stock messaging app works like a charm when sending them. The only problem is that I hate the stock messaging app.

I always wipe and don't flash any other zips before I try sending the MMS and it still doesn't work. The weird thing is that I can use Handcent and ChompSMS on the CM6 ROM.

I've tried the APN method and factory data resets. Nothing.

Here's the sense ROMs I have tried with no luck:
    -Myn's RLS2 and 3
    -Nil's business sense
    -Virtuous v3.1.0
    -SkyRaider 3.3

Today I actually unrooted my phone and got everything stock again, and Handcent and Chomp still didn't work.

This is very annoying because I have flashed probably 30 times in the past 3 days trying to find a Sense ROM I can get to work.

Any suggestions???

Advertisement

2. dclay89

Mar 30, 2010
    Bump.. Anyone??

3. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    IT Security
    Near Albany, NY
    How are you installing Handcent and ChompSMS? Are you doing fresh installs or restoring from Titanium?

I just installed Handcent on my ROM and it worked fine. I installed ChompSMS and it worked fine. When both were installed at the same time it didn't.

4. dclay89

Mar 30, 2010

I install them via the Market.. I don't use titanium or astro..

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    try posting this in the "all things root" section or the "roms" sub section, you will get more of a response.

6. dclay89

Mar 30, 2010

I did in the all things root and on xda.. Trying to get as much responses as I can..

7. psky

psky New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    uninstalled htc sense by mistake, how to get it back. Evo won't boot to home menu anymore. Phone is rooted so I can get to bootloader and load zip from sd card.