• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sense vs unadulterated google

slanch

Jun 6, 2010
So, I recently ordered an Incredible and while I wait for it to someday come into stock and i can get my grubby hands on it.

in the meanwhile, here's what im wondering:

i've been reading a lot about 2.2 and im wondering if it fixes a lot of what sense already does, if that's the case, does it make more sense for me just to get the Nexus and be able to get fast updates

so, is sense worth having, or is unadulterated google via Nexus the better route to go?

help me android forums, you're my only hope

It depends on your preference.

I like Sense, and I think it's worth the wait when it comes to updates. Sense just makes the whole UI look so much nicer than vanilla Android, and adds some functionality also. Besides that, people are speculating that HTC is going to fairly quick in updating the Incredible and Evo to 2.2.

Upvote 0
Thats largely due to the Droids 550 Mhz processor, versus the Incredibles 1 Ghz processor.

I'm not sure. Scrolling on my Eris is a lot smoother than on a Droid. My friend's Droid was choppy as hell, but my Eris was pretty smooth. The Eris has a 528 Mhz processor, but its also a much older ARMv6 processor, as opposed to the Droid's 550 Mhz ARMv7 one, which is supposed to be around 14 times as powerful. I wonder why that is? Did Motorola screw up somewhere?

The only exception is in the SenseUI music app, where the Eris processor just becomes crippled and music lists are impossible to scroll through. Thank God there are 3rd party apps on the marketplace.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones