• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sense weather animations for other ROMS?

RED_

Nov 13, 2010
London
Probably been asked a million times but surely there is way to pull them and use them on another ROM?

I don't mean pulling the .apk for it because i'm pretty sure you can't use it since it only works off sense drivers but what about finding the images/gifs (i presume they are .gifs) of the animations and then putting them into our own app for when you unlock your phone? They look much better then all other weather animations out there hence why I'm interested.

Did a search on the forum but i can't find much. Would something like that be possible?

I am not sure if it would be possible. To do that, you would probably need to be rooted and search for the animations using root explorer - can't check for you, as I do not use a Sense based ROM.

I would imagine that you'd also need to have a weather app that shows animations when you unlock your screen - I guess you already do though, as you mention that the animations from HTC are better than all others out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones