• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SenseHERO 2.1 Build 3

MF1

Oct 27, 2009
Is anyone using this yet? I am a noobie and done my first custom rom last week to the sense 2.2 version. Generally I'm happy, a little bit slow but nothing major.

I was wondering what the new update includes? Bug fixes, speed issues etc?

Also if I did install it, do I need to go through the whole process of installing apps and mail etc? Or can I upgrade it and it will remember my settings etc?

No noticeable changes but seems to be rinning very nicely, i came from espresso as although it was pretty slick I found it very buggy and had quite a few problems

I've tried it and shifted back to espresso this morning. for some obscure reason my contacts only sync'd my first contact. I also had the E: error on installation, wiped all and it sorted its life out. But cant really live without my contacts...I need to remember this is a phone after all!

Upvote 0
over all i like this but there are a few issues with this annoying issues which means i might go back to the stock rom.
The Camera Quality is shockly bad,
The Camera App Crashes a lot and the only way to fix it is to restart your phone after take a few pics.

Picture messaging does not work

and Mobile llocation services does not work.

Upvote 0
im really liking this rom, ive also tried villian and espresso but this has the nice things that i like the look of and is less buggy.

Camera is fine, and i havent tested it outdoors yet but its not got the green tint, ive had them set at 5mb and high, not wide screen.

I tested the Camera out side and i still have a green tint to every thing and the image quality is not as good as with the Stock Rom, for me this is to high a price to pay so i have gone back to the Stock ROM for now.
Hopfuly it will get Fixed and then i will take an other look because on the Whole it's a fantastic bit of kit.

Upvote 0
I tested the Camera out side and i still have a green tint to every thing and the image quality is not as good as with the Stock Rom, for me this is to high a price to pay so i have gone back to the Stock ROM for now.
Hopfuly it will get Fixed and then i will take an other look because on the Whole it's a fantastic bit of kit.

ive only been ussing it indoors and havent been able to tell. the few photos that i have taken dnot seem too bad add. tho i have a decent camera that use for photos i dont actually take many at all on the phone.

Upvote 0
Over the last 2 days I've noticed the Rom freezing and i can't do anything at all I have to pull the battery as I can't even turn it off.

I've noticed a couple of different times

I get a sms, my phone vibrated and i pick it up to check but can't even turn the screen on

OTher time I was on the net home page had just finished loading so i tapped on the page to start typing in google. Can't do anything as it had froze again. I don't remember if I received a sms that time but Google page was on the screen and it was awake.

I really like this ROM and I've had it installed for 2ish week its only started causing problems for me just yesterday. I think its probably due to something I've installed but don't know what. Gone back to MCR 3.2 now but will put senseHero back on it later. Not a nand restore.

Any one else had similar problems with this or other ROMs??

Upvote 0
Only put it on last night. First thing I checked was the gps, so far so good on that. Other 2.1 roms I tried all played up with gps.
Had to do the mmszap to get the picture messages working, but great problem that.

So far, a very nice ROM and no problems found

EDIT: Tiny bit of keyboard lag noticed, but as stikman sent out messages saying not to use the new OCKernel until he's had chance to sort it, I can live with that

Upvote 0
Gone back to Modaco3.2. tried build 4, got a purple screen after the reboots. Noticed a few things with build 3 that aren't quite right yet. Good ROM but the same as the others, not quite there yet.

ditto i got it ages after i installed tho. was working fine to start with. im going to see what advise i can get maybe reinstall b4 after formatting the sdcard. maybe do a couple of wipes.

Upvote 0
Build 4 seems amazing :)

Agreed.

I spend hours messing with Villain 6.2 (I was on Villain 5.5), and it was a total waste of time. It initially failed to install, then it wouldn't boot until I disabled the simlock ans reflashed, after a couple of hours of messing with it, it eventually worked, but was slow as a dog, and locked up constantly when trying to restore apps using MyBackupPro.

In the end, I installed Sense 2.1 B4 and it worked out the box, and seems very fast.

It's only temporary anyway, as as soon as HTC releases 2.1 for Hero, i'm picking up a stock rom (but keeping the recovery image and root).

Upvote 0
Agreed.

I spend hours messing with Villain 6.2 (I was on Villain 5.5), and it was a total waste of time. It initially failed to install, then it wouldn't boot until I disabled the simlock ans reflashed, after a couple of hours of messing with it, it eventually worked, but was slow as a dog, and locked up constantly when trying to restore apps using MyBackupPro.

In the end, I installed Sense 2.1 B4 and it worked out the box, and seems very fast.

It's only temporary anyway, as as soon as HTC releases 2.1 for Hero, i'm picking up a stock rom (but keeping the recovery image and root).

I'm on villain 5.5 at the moment, and was going to flash to 6.2 but hearing too many problems. Is the Sense 2.1 better than villain 5.5 or much the same?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones