• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sensitive setting missing from App Notifications settings

pkoutoul

Aug 11, 2010
Just got Lolipop. Yay. I'm liking the new notifications but something seems to be missing on my stock AT&T S5. According to everything I'm reading online, the Application notifications setting screen should have three switches for each app: Block, Priority, and Sensitive.

On my phone, there is no Sensitive setting. Most of my notifications hide the content. What might be the cause of this missing setting?

Just got Lolipop. Yay. I'm liking the new notifications but something seems to be missing on my stock AT&T S5. According to everything I'm reading online, the Application notifications setting screen should have three switches for each app: Block, Priority, and Sensitive.

On my phone, there is no Sensitive setting. Most of my notifications hide the content. What might be the cause of this missing setting?

"Sensitive", is also not on the latest, unbranded, stock Samsung firmware, OD3, for the G900F model either.

If I go to.... Settings > Sounds and notifications > App notifications > (select an app) . I am given either, Block or Priority.

To find your model details and firmware details, see #1.3 and #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Upvote 0
Okay, sorry about that. I read the link you provided and it was very helpful and a real eye-opener. I knew there were variants among the manufacturers and carriers but I had no idea there were that many. Mine is a G900A. It appears that the first person who responded to my OP above has the same model as I do.

Upvote 0
Okay, sorry about that. I read the link you provided and it was very helpful and a real eye-opener. I knew there were variants among the manufacturers and carriers but I had no idea there were that many. Mine is a G900A. It appears that the first person who responded to my OP above has the same model as I do.

Well, that excludes one possibility as there has only ever, so far, been one Lollipop firmware for that AT&T model. I cannot comment further as the firmware is a minority carrier hybrid version and not a stock Samsung release. It does seem odd that both you and Lillybell2 are on the same model and firmware and you do not have the option. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones