• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sentimental Values

My mom died on my birthday a few years ago early one morning in April after she asked me to get her a Sunday newspaper. As I drove to the local newspaper stand, my mom was at home fixing me a birthday breakfast. Unbeknownst to me I didn't know how bad her health was on that sunny Sunday morning while I wanted in line at the news stand to get her morning paper. I saw a few people I knew also there waiting in line. So I chalked up a conversation stating that today was my birthday as we stood around lollygagging and someone asked me what was I going to do for my birthday, Well I replied I may go out and party a little and some suggested we have a little get together later. So when I finally got my mom's Sunday paper, I started back to my mom's house and made it to the kitchen, I saw she had breakfast made on the table. It was still hot with a birthday card beside it saying Happy birthday son Love Mom with a $50 bill in it. I called out to my mom "" "mama mama" mama mama " I got your newspaper but she didn't answer so I called out to her again as I walk through the house. Mama mama, still no answer as I approached her bedroom. I open her door, she was lying there face up with one leg alone side of the bed with her foot on the floor and her other leg in the bed which I thought she had gone back to sleep, so I walked over to her and said mama I have your paper here, Mom mama I got your newspaper. She didn't respond then I noticed that she wasn't breathing. So I shook her a little and she wasn't moving so picked her up and moved her to the floor to perform CPR and I couldn't find the stupid cordless phone to call 911. I'm panicking at this point looking for the phone in her room where it always was somewhere. I eventually found it and called 911 and told them my mom is not breathing and I'm trying to do CPR on her. She never came around as the local fire department came to the house and did what they could do but she had passed away on my birthday but cooked me breakfast and left a $50 bill and a birthday card. If I could relive that day I would have brought my ass straight back to the house and maybe saved her life, And I never told her how much I loved her before she passed away. So people go give your mom and dad a hug and tell them how much you really love them because I didn't get a chance to do that with mine. And always remember tomorrow is not promised to no one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
My mom died on my birthday a few years ago early one morning in April after she asked me to get her a Sunday newspaper. As I drove to the local newspaper stand, my mom was at home fixing me a birthday breakfast. Unbeknownst to me I didn't know how bad her health was on that sunny Sunday morning while I wanted in line at the news stand to get her morning paper. I saw a few people I knew also there waiting in line. So I chalked up a conversation stating that today was my birthday as we stood around lollygagging and someone asked me what was I going to do for my birthday, Well I replied I may go out and party a little and some suggested we have a little get together later. So when I finally got my mom's Sunday paper, I started back to my mom's house and made it to the kitchen, I saw she had breakfast made on the table. It was still hot with a birthday card beside it saying Happy birthday son Love Mom with a $50 bill in it. I called out to my mom "" "mama mama" mama mama " I got your newspaper but she didn't answer so I called out to her again as I walk through the house. Mama mama, still no answer as I approached her bedroom. I open her door, she was lying there face up with one leg alone side of the bed with her foot on the floor and her other leg in the bed which I thought she had gone back to sleep, so I walked over to her and said mama I have your paper here, Mom mama I got your newspaper. She didn't respond then I noticed that she wasn't breathing. So I shook her a little and she wasn't moving so picked her up and moved her to the floor to perform CPR and I couldn't find the stupid cordless phone to call 911. I'm panicking at this point looking for the phone in her room where it always was somewhere. I eventually found it and called 911 and told them my mom is not breathing and I'm trying to do CPR on her. She never came around as the local fire department came to the house and did what they could do but she had passed away on my birthday but cooked me breakfast and left a $50 bill and a birthday card. If I could relive that day I would have brought my ass straight back to the house and maybe saved her life, And I never told her how much I loved her before she passed away. So people go give your mom and dad a hug and tell them how much you really love them because I didn't get a chance to do that with mine. And always remember tomorrow is not promised to no one.
oh wow man :( that is so, so sad. I"m sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones