• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Separate battery charger for Hero?

Rcecarbldr

Mar 21, 2010
Does anyone make a charger for the battery alone like the Instinct use to have? I loved being able to have two batterys and being able to charge one while using the other and it was small enough to take with you and used USB for it's charging source.

Hard to beat. I bought this a few months ago, and have no regrets! An extra battery and a charger for about $10.

1500MAH BATTERY+DESKTOP CHARGER FOR SPRINT HTC HERO - eBay (item 280488821467 end time Apr-05-10 16:51:37 PDT)

Reactions: JD_from_da_80s
Upvote 0
has anyone tried these batteries and chargers yet? worth the effort?

Yes! As stated above, I have this combo (for about 3 months now), and have been very happy with both the battery and the charger. I can't tell the difference between the stock battery and this one in regards to duration between charges...or anythng other than cosmetics, for that matter. $10... how can you go wrong?

Upvote 0
So the batteries and charger arrived. They came in individual antistatic bags. The wall charger came in it's own little box. The batteries say that they are replacements for the HTC Touch Pro 2, but the Hero shares it's battery with the Touch Pro 2. I put one of the batteries in just to test it. The battery was 75% charged. It reported it's charge perfectly fine. It charged perfectly fine while in the phone and the other battery charged quite well in the wall charger. The wall charger also has a usb port so you can charge your phone and a battery at the same time. For $11.49, (including shipping), You can't beat this package. I highly recommend it. I have yet to try charging the original HTC battery in the charger, but I'll update this post as soon as I do.

Reactions: Adam63impala
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones