1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Separating email inboxes

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by LouED, Feb 8, 2011.

1. LouED

LouED Lurker

Hi all, I have a Samsung Galaxy S and have 3 email accounts that I'd like to use on there (none of them are Google ones). I would like to have them as completely separate accounts, so that I have 3 different email icons on my screen with the number of unread messages displaying for each. However, this doesn't seem possible - I can only manage to get one email icon on the screen with the combined number of messages displaying. I realise I can then go in to the separate accounts and check each one, but this isn't ideal.

Does anyone know of a way around this? Many thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

You could try downloading and installing K-9 Mail, free from the Market.

This would at least allow you to have a seperate tone notification for each account and a seperate LED notification colour, if your handset supports it.

It also has a Unified Inbox that displays the various email accounts and the number of unread messages in each... without you having to open them individually.

Hope this helps. :D

LouED likes this.
  3. LouED

LouED Lurker

Thanks ironass, I shall give that a go!

4. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I'd that with a separate shortcut on the home screen for each email inbox :)

Harry