• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Separating private Google account form the development account?

AndroidXYPD

Lurker
May 14, 2019
Hello,

I am planning to release my little Android app. Now, I am asking my self if I should create a separate Google account for my app(s) and creating a Developer Console account there. Shall I separate the private Google account from a development account?

What is your opinion? How do you handle this? Do you have multiple Google accounts? A private one and one for your apps.

Thank you for your help.

Agreed, have two separate accounts when doing business and development. Like for example, you wouldn't want ppl blowing up ur emails while you're out doing other stuff (which could result in a ton of msgs/sounds/stress/angry spouses, etc..). With a separate acct, your personal device will actually remain personal. Food for thought..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones