1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Seperate notification tones for incoming texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by holdenon911, Nov 29, 2009.

1. holdenon911

holdenon911 Lurker

I have disabled the messenger and placed it in the drawer. I downloaded handcent and ringo lite. I would like to have a general ring tone for incoming texts. However, fire department and my wife I would like to assign seperate notification tones. In addition I would like to download ringtones other than the standard ones on the phone. I see them in the phone ringer section but not in messaging. How do I get them in there. I am new to this so I need detailed instruction.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Trel

Trel Android Enthusiast

SD Card - > /media/audio/notifications

3. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member

Here are the multiple solutions.

1. Assign specific ringtones in handcent by sending the contact a text, while in the screen click the button in the upper right hand corner. A list of setting will drop down (while in the text itself) All these will effect this contact and this contact ONLY.
    2. the easiest way is to get ringdroid (free). You pick a song from your SD card and can clip the file to play only the certain portion of it you would like. You can then set this to either ringtone or notification. It will then appear universally in the given category.
    Alternately, on your sd car create a folder that labeled "media" within in that put folder "audio" within that put 2 more folders, "notifications" and "ringtones" Place your desired files accordingly (ps, rindgroid does this for you, and you can edit the song a bit)

Let me know how it works out. :)

4. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Android Expert

create 3 folders on your root directory of your SD Card

alarms
    notifications
    ringtones

you can then drop any .mp3, .wav, or .ogg into these folders and they will show up in the respective lists associated. These folders will be "invisible" to your native music player as well.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews