1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

September 8th Update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonykaree13, Sep 10, 2015.

1. tonykaree13

tonykaree13 Lurker

On the morning of September 8th, I received an OTA update for my Samsung Galaxy Avant on T-Mobile running 4.4.2 rooted. I updated through Kies and the new baseband version was G386TUVU1AOH3.

My question is, did anyone else receive this update? If so, does anyone know what the update changed?

Thank you.

2. cupofcloud

cupofcloud Member

yeah I received it. Not sure what exactly changed. One thing I do notice now, but again not sure if it was because of this update, is that if I'm in the middle of typing a text, then open my browser or any other app for that matter, then return to my text I was in the middle of, it's still there. For a while, maybe because of my setup, for some reason anything I typed in the text message field, when I switched apps and came back, would be gone. Now it'll still be there waiting for me to finish and send.

3. bluesuga

bluesuga Member

myy phone was asking for an update yesterday I installed it last night and now I can't get text messages unless I make a phone call. when I'm on the first few seconds of the phone call then I get the text

4. bluesuga

bluesuga Member

I've had VoLTE and WiFi calling off since i got the phone in November ,personally I didnt like the way people sound on it but now after I turned them both back on I'm receiving texts as normal.

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews