• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Serial Number for Those Random Reboot/Lockup Units

I'm thinking maybe we can all contribute to find out if that was a bad batch from production. For those phone has random roboot / lock up, can you share your first 10 digits of the serial number?

Mine is

104KPMZ051

How often does yours lock up? Mine locked up once, but hasn't since. I have a really annoying case to get off, so it annoyed me. I am just hoping it doesn't happen again/that often for me...

Upvote 0
I'm thinking maybe we can all contribute to find out if that was a bad batch from production. For those phone has random roboot / lock up, can you share your first 10 digits of the serial number?

You're going to need more info than just the serial number.

If it is indeed software it might depend on whether they are running the stock operating system or an alternative kernel, what apps they are running and how they interact with each other, the charge state of the battery at the time, whether a bunch of hardware accessories were turned on like GPS, 4G, etc....basically the same questions we went through on the Evo forum when troubleshooting its mystery reboots.

It's beginning to look to me like just about any modern smartphone is a coin-toss whether or not it will work reliably. Testing? What's that? Gotta ship it and get that revenue rolling in.

Upvote 0
\
It's beginning to look to me like just about any modern smartphone is a coin-toss whether or not it will work reliably. Testing? What's that? Gotta ship it and get that revenue rolling in.

Basically, smartphone tech is moving so fast, they need to get their stuff out, and quick. So they test very little, if at all. I give it a couple years before more phones become reliable, but never 100%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones