• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SERIOUS 2.2 problems after update

tbeas

Mar 17, 2010
I have had nothing but problems with the 2.2 OTA update, and these are more serious than just poor battery life.
My phone does the following:

Randomly restarts (and sometimes then goes into a bootloop)
Sometimes just sticks on 1X in a place where I should get 3G
Randomly deleted all of my text messages twice
Just now deleted ALL of the contacts I had saved on the phone.

It did say it updated to Build Number 3.21.605.1 this morning after coming out of a bootloop. Is this the patch?

I'm going to do a factory reset in about an hour after I grab some lunch. Is there anything I have to do afterwards (like call VZW for activation or anything similar)?

I have had nothing but problems with the 2.2 OTA update, and these are more serious than just poor battery life.

It did say it updated to Build Number 3.21.605.1 this morning after coming out of a bootloop. Is this the patch?

I'm going to do a factory reset in about an hour after I grab some lunch. Is there anything I have to do afterwards (like call VZW for activation or anything similar)?

Yes you need to do a *228 Option 1. This will activate your phone and update your roaming capability!

Upvote 0

I did a hard reset after update and it works fine now.

Upvote 0
yeah sounds like you need to do a factory reset, thats what i did and i havent had any problems. also i heard that on froyo atk's will randomly cause your phone to reboot. dont know how much truth is behind that, but i do know that atk's arent necessary anyways.
I haven't been running a task killer.

I'm starting the reset now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones