• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Not a massive twitter-er but noticed it in the last couple of months, it was working at the end of August / beginning of September cos I remember it chirping its notification at a couple of inopportune moments having not silenced the phone. It took me a while to realise the link between no tweets and 3g as I am mostly at home with wifi.

Upvote 0
Not a massive twitter-er but noticed it in the last couple of months, it was working at the end of August / beginning of September cos I remember it chirping its notification at a couple of inopportune moments having not silenced the phone. It took me a while to realise the link between no tweets and 3g as I am mostly at home with wifi.

Pretty much the same as me.

I've done a factory reset and it still happens. I'm wondering if it was that minor upgrade that happened the other month when I thought we were getting 2.1. I'm alsi starting to get dropouts in the wifi.

I hope the 2.1 upgrade fixes it otherwise I'm going to have to replace it.

Upvote 0
I haven't run an update since the release of R2BA026 back in July (?) so don't know where it came from. Oh well I will wait for 2.1 and see if it resolves itself, clearly no point running an update for 1.6 if you have tried that already. I was being very lazy and couldn't be bothered to 're-build' my phone which is why I hadn't tried to fix it.

Upvote 0
Yeah I have mine on to update hourly but it does nothing. If I go in and click refresh the little 3g arrows light up and the little spinny thing spins but quick as a flash... nothing happens! Just put on wifi and its updated it all.

Timescape is on to update every 30 mins and facebook does it just fine, but again twitter doesn't update within there.

Upvote 0
Think I have just sorted it.... been sitting here patiently going through settings and just ticked Use SSL and my tweet went upwards and has appeared on the X8. Tweet me something MrW! I am getting over excited now and want to know if I can receive them too!

Yes its a T-Mo payg. They gave me 4 with

Upvote 0
hey you know what it is - i may have just turned into a GOD

i would give t-mob a ring and badger them as it does sound like something that is HANDSET specific - quick query, is PAYG sim on t-mob too ??

I'm not sure if that is the case because firstly, things were working up until about a month ago - not sure why T Mobile would suddenly add restrictions without warning. Secondly, other apps that access the net sill work via 3g.

I will give probably give them aring tomorrow though anyway.

Upvote 0
Ok I seem to be working OK now on Touiteur. I ticked use SSL in the settings and then cleared the cache and picture something or other and I have received a few tweets and sent a few to a very helpful MrWomble. Mind you still not working on X10 on Timescape, but I can live with that.

Clear the data cache etc on timescape - then reinput the details - might work then

if not don't know what to suggest but at least its working now - means you'll be getting my useless rants now

Upvote 0
Clear the data cache etc on timescape - then reinput the details - might work then

if not don't know what to suggest but at least its working now - means you'll be getting my useless rants now

You remember that Sony Ericsson Tile someone wanted some time ago... just got that back;) Cleared everything to do with Timescape on Application Manager, kill or cure I thought.

Had to delete the accounts also on Timescape itself and then just re-registered. It pulled all my Twitter stuff. Yay!

I hadn't thought of that before so thank you again MrWomble for nudging me gently in the right direction.

Edit no it only pulled everything up til I last switched off wifi. To coin a phrase - Bugger! Spoke too soon it was just taking a while to build and I could see loads of Tweets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones