• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SERIOUS and EMERGENCY problem, can't use phone.

Fremen

Jan 25, 2011
Amherst
Hi,

My phone just died. It worked perfectly around 15 mins ago, then suddenly had the following error messages and notifications:

Sorry!

The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again.

Then it has some dumpstate stuff. this problem happens anytime I do anything on my phone and has the following apps dying constantly:

android.process.acore
TwLauncher (com.sec.android.app.twlauncher)
LogsProvider (com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider)
and Gapps (which is stated in the first error message example)

And it keep making me force close them with startlingly regular timing (around 1-4 seconds)...

There is also a "Low on Space" "Database Storage is Getting Low" notification, which I've tried alleviating by uninstalling some programs but the Sorry error messages keep coming.

I can't make calls or message on my phone anymore and really need some emergency help.

Thanks!

Unfortunately it sounds as though you need to do a factory reset. Hopefully you've got a backup, but once you've done the reset, it is extremely important that you only restore the .apks and your user data, no system data! You will no doubt restore whatever settings are screwed up on the phone if you do.

Really? This was the one thing I REALLY REALLY didn't want to do...

I just want to know where I went wrong.

I rooted my phone yesterday and Unleashed the Beast (in order to do it)...and did this:

Samsung Galaxy S WiFi Issue Fix | BK Integration does IT easy

but everything worked perfectly for about 24 hours, and then crashed for seemingly no reason at all.

Is there anything I can do on my computer to play with the files and fix it?

UPDATE: Just cleared all the data in logs provider app, and problem seems to be gone. I'm going to look into backing up my phone...

Upvote 0
Hi,

Had the same problem, but the error messages kept piling up, hanging up the phone for minutes every time so couldn't even get to the reset option.
Hard to give a hard reset and everything is fine now.

The only thing I can image being the cause, is the fact that I received many SMS messages within a couple of minutes. Is that something our situations have in common?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones