• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Serious dialer lag, cache is clean, tried everything...

revlis240

May 1, 2010
Hey guys,
Im getting angry. The dialer cache is cleared, it actually says 0.00bytes. I had dialer one installed, i uninstalled it and still the problem remains.

If i dial a number and press "call" I experience a lag anywhere between 5 TO THIRTY SECONDS of lag before the call connects.

Most of the time its like a 10 second lag and its getting REALLY annoying. Any ideas?

Damageless 2.0.8.1 is the rom

Thanks
Abe

Man I was getting the same thing. You don't have Google Voice installed by chance do you? I did and uninstalled since the Sprint Vxmail is working in this ROM rebooted and now it seems to be better. I went from Damagless 1.1 to 2.0.8.1 and did not have this issue in his old ROM. I don't see much about this on the xda page.

Upvote 0
I installed google voice yesterday, but the lag has been present for a while. It comes and goes, i dont know why.

Today, no lag at all. It seems the lag is most present if i try to dial an actual number thats not in my contacts. If i dial a contact it usually connects instantly.

I dont know if its damageless 2.08.1 or the dialer or the sprint 2.1 its based upon but dialer FAIL

Also, the lag, although frustrating, isnt enough to cause me to leave damageless. especially a new rom is due anytime now, based on the latest RUU...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones