1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Serious Froyo Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sevreth, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

So here is the situation since my update to froyo and even trying a factory reset as many suggest.

1.) Wireless internet is slow / doesn't work (regular 3G lets me download apps or files).

2.) My battery life is awful since the update. I have a HTC 2150 battery installed. I have made one 30 min phone call, about 40 texts, downloaded 3 apps, browsed internet for about 10 minutes, read a little news, my screen is set to 25% brightness and all features (GPS, Wifi and BT) turned off.

I have 35% battery left. My up time is 23:17 and my awake time is 4:10.

On 2.1, I went around 60 hours with 8+ hours awake time before needing a recharge.

Something appears to be wrong......and I think its Froyo. Has anyone else seen problems this bad? You cant tell me that it is a faulty app.....even without the apps (only stock ones), I seem to suffer the same problems. I cant imagine using the stock battery and charging every 12 hours (never had to on 2.1)

I may just stop by the Verizon store and give them an ear full (since their advertisement stated "improved battery life" for Froyo, but I guess improvement is a point a view........We have to charge our phones more...so the power companies make more......that's an improvement for them haha!!

Cheers,

-Sev

Advertisement

2. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Try turning off everything in sprint zone. I found on my evo even in airplane mode, it was the culprit behind the battery drain. And it started after 2.2 which was a while ago for the evo.

3. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Cleveland
    He has an Incredible (Verizon), so there is no Sprint Zone (whatever that is, I'm not sure).

My WiFi was iffy after the update to 2.2, but a hard reset seems to have fixed that issue. Give it a go if you don't mind having to set up your phone again.

4. snowscum

snowscum Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Oh duh sorry.

5. LinkError404

LinkError404 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Male
    Md
    I too have this wifi issue. When i use the speedtest.net app it starts fast then drops to around 600 kb with fios....lame. bad news is after i updated i did the factory reset. I really like using wifi so this is an issue for me. Im just scared it wont help cuz i have over 100 apps and custom ringtones and text ringtones. so much work. any other ideas?

6. Sevreth

I feel that another factory reset is not necessary. To me it looks more like a problem with the update to froyo.

While Froyo brought some cool things, it also added unistallable apps (for not root) that are always running.

I have turned off auto syncing in an attempt to slow my battery drain. It sucks, but id rather have my phone work longer, than have weather always updated.

Cheers,

-Sev

7. SCARLETnGREY

SCARLETnGREY Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    What kind of wireless router do you guys have. I too am trying to figure out why my WiFi is now slower then 3g speeds. It worked great before 2.2. I did a factory reset on the phone after 2.2 cause of lag issues. I also reset the router but that did nothing.

My router is a Linksys WRT-160N.

8. Sevreth

I have a Belkin Wireless N (not at home to give the model).

It worked amazingly well before Froyo, now I wireless is slower than 3G, so I just leave wireless off until they fix the problem.

Even the factory reset didnt fix this. I wills wing by a verizon store this weekend to try and see what they have to say.

-Sev

9. mched

mched Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Manager
    Valencia. CA
    I have a Microsoft router and have the same problem. Actually, I can't even connect to my Wifi at home.
    Very frustrating especially when everything worked great before 2.2.
    Verizon is sending me a replacement phone to see if that one will work.