• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Serious Issues with Power

Hey Guys, I'm at a loss of what to do here.. recently my phone has been giving me some serious issues with holding a charge.

I first noticed it about last week - the phone would randomly shut itself off, with about half battery left. When I turn the phone back on, it does so without being connected to a charger, and then when it turns on it says "connect charger."

Okay, fine and dandy, when I connect the charger it will take about 8 hours to charge to completion.

Once the amber light changes to green, and the battery says 100%, when I unplug and use the phone, the battery meter drains fast (you can watch it tick down about 2 points a minute.) That's using the "Battery Solo" app.

So when the phone starts to drain fast it will typically get down to about 40% - then die.

When I restart it and connect the charger, it usually says 75%, and will charge to completion in like an hour!

I've checked the contacts - clean and they're making a good connection. The battery is seated well, and the phone doesn't turn off when it hit it against my hand, flail it around, yadda yadda yadda.

I took the battery out, let it cool, and then put it in the freezer for 24 hours. Took it out and let it warm up to room temp. Put it back in the phone, charged it to completion with the phone OFF, and it's still doing the exact same thing.

I followed the "battery calibration steps" found on google (the charge, unplug, charge, unplug - I cant post a link - but it didnt help)

Any Suggestions?
Oem Battery
Android 2.3.3
No updates available.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones