• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*SERIOUS* - move if needed, I *NEED* a new phone!!!

timpster

Lurker
Mar 31, 2014
I have a droid "incredible" 2, and it's really not working for me - I needed the camera app in class today to take notes -- I took a picture, but I found out later I rushed it and it came out blurry - my fault.
Anyway I take multiple pictures when I do this, so I get the whole board.

So I took that picture, and back out of the camera and press the lock button.

Then go on to follow what the teacher is doing, and do some work on the computer -- JUST as the teacher is about to erase the board I whip out my phone and go to the camera app - IT DOES NOT OPEN!!!

So I need a new phone, as this one is terrible unreliable, and it has 100% potential to screw up my grades severely.

I need TWO things in a phone: EXCELLENT camera, (I've looked at reviews for the MOTO X, the Droid Ultra, and I can't remember the other - oh LG G2 and another one I think). From what I read, they had inconsistent cameras, or where atrocious finger print magnets (the Droid Ultra)- the lady's don't like finger prints, and I don't either.

The next thing I *NEED* is a readable screen outdoors in the sun.
The screen on the Droid Incredible 2 is 100% SHIT in the sunshine - completely unacceptable and a strain to read, even under a small tree.

I'll go ahead and note that I'm visually impaired, so if the screen isn't bright enough, I'll have one helluva time trying to read the screen, - just because YOU can read it with "acceptable" ease, doesn't mean I'll fair the same, so keep that in mind.

That's the ONLY two things I need in an android phone -- and yes it has to be Android because I need to be able to adjust the font size, which now bright me to another point I just thought of. I use "Big Font" on Android 2.3.4 and it doesn't work with Spotify so I strain all to ******* hell, trying to read just the SONG TITLE -- usually am not able to even get half the artist to see who does the song. Maybe that gives you a good idea.

Big Font says it needs root permission in Android 4.x which sucks ass, because I AM NOT going to root a phone and void the warranty -- not gonna happen.

If you all can help me, please do so, I've given up searching, because I haven't found what I'm looking for - except the Samsung Galaxy S4, big screen, great camera- but I think it's complicated as hell, but never used it, I don't want to use a pen to operate a phone, if that's clear.

Thank you for reading all of this, or at least get the main points.

TL:DR
Camera app crashes on my phone THE MOMENT I DESPERATELY NEEDED IT

Need a new phone with EXCELLENT camera - and really good zoom (
comparable at least to 2x, although I'd prefer 4x or more, although I don't need that much)
Need a phone with a VERY bright screen to read outside
Need a phone that I can adjust font size for comfortable reading in apps like Twitter, SMS, and Spotify.

Thanks!

So far of the new phones that have been or are soon to be released the Samsung Galaxy S5 has the top rated screen. I just posted about it over in the Samsung Galaxy S5 sub-forum. http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...performing-smartphone-screen-ever-tested.html The S5 has a 5.1 inch screen and no pen is needed to use it. The new isocell camera system promises faster focusing time and razor sharp images. World-wide release of the S5 is expected for April 11th.

Upvote 0
This is not what you want to hear, but why not get a decent point and shoot camera and use a wifi Sdcard to transfer the photos to your phone? I think you may just be asking too much from your phone's camera. It sounds like the photos you're taking are indoors?
If that's the case, perhaps the HTC One M8 may be the best choice as it appears to be pretty good in lower light (and fast to boot). My LG G2 is pretty decent in low light, but it's not the fastest camera out there.
Also, there's very few phones' screens out there that are visible outside, even with the brightness cranked up (strangely my old Droid Bionic was one of the best).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones