1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Serious Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xgon, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Xgon

Xgon Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Florida
    So ever since Thursday my phone has been....malfunctioning, so to say. Any app that requires internet access to update itself has not been working. Android Market just says "A network error has occurred, Retry or Cancel", Phandroid App never loads, Weather app does not update, ect. I WAS rooted but i deleted z4 root and titanium backup to save space i guess. But the thing is, It works from time to time. If i keep pressing retry it rarely works, if i turn wi-fi off and then on again it sometimes works, and if i turn the phone off then on,again it sometimes works too, but then eventually it goes back to not working. Help please? :)

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    If you could state whether you deleted anything, namely system apps(Google apps especially)&if you are using any task killer/& or battery saving apps,that would be a good starting point for troubleshooting.
    Thanks & please keep us posted on your progress.
    And,of course, a big welcome to the Jungle.;)

Jazziette likes this.
  3. Xgon

Xgon Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Florida
    I did not delete any Google/Metro Apps, as i referred to a list of what's safe and not safe to delete. I use Advanced Task Killer.

Thank you for the welcome :)

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I would try running w/o ATK, at least while troubleshooting, to eliminate the possibility that it is the problem, & proceed from there.Also,if you're using an overclock/CPU app,make sure it is not dialed down too low or turn it completely off while troubleshooting as well.If you are still unrooted, you do not need to have a CPU app,as most,I believe,require 'root' access.

Jazziette likes this.
  5. EasilyConfused

None

Feb 12, 2011
    I've been experiencing the same problem for the past few days. When connected to Wifi, any app that needs internet connection works for 5 -10 seconds and then times out. I have to retry the connection after that. Before the problem occurred it was working Very Well.

No task killer or battery savor installed.
    I did a reboot of Metros' Stock Recovery but it didn't help.:(

6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I seldom use a Wi-Fi connection*, would appreciate some input from other members, please.:)

*Wi-Fi signal extremely weak @ SHAWSHANK.:(;)

7. Nesdroid

Nesdroid Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2011
    same here :(.... I have tried many things to fix it but all without luck.
    I'm starting to think this has something to do with metro. hopefully not intentionally.
    is there anyone using cricket having this problem?

8. Reddlady

Reddlady Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    I called the metro store about this same issuse and was told that Metro was aware of it and they are working on the issue. I just recieved the Android as a gift and so far I'm not impressed. Hope Metro fix the internet/apps issues SOON!

9. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    Under the Rainbow
    It does sound like a connection problem. I get the same error message when I have a similar problem but I am with Cricket and it usually corrects itself if I do the following steps:

1. Cear my cache

2. Clear The Market cache and data

3. Turn my phone off and back on

If you continue to have probs....take the battery out and leave it out for 5 minutes and then put it back in and reboot.

This can help in many other situations as well.

Good luck! Hope Metro gets things fixed soon.

:)

10. skatermike2198

None

Feb 13, 2011
    If your on Metro it is a known issue. It sucks because I just got my ascend right before this started happening (Thursday night) I have been patiently waiting for them to fix it because I want my apps to work. They work over wifi just not on 1x. The only thing I can get to work when not on wifi is the browser (Metroweb and Skyfire)

11. lilballerlee

lilballerlee Lurker
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    i as well am encountering the network error too over in the northern california region with metro.the best they told me was to check back the techs are working on the problem.im am gonna make sure that they a credit my account for the days i payed for service and didnt recieve it.ny got ny better newer news perhaps?

12. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Doesn't pay enough
    The Gate