• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Serious Problem

Xgon

Feb 12, 2011
Florida
So ever since Thursday my phone has been....malfunctioning, so to say. Any app that requires internet access to update itself has not been working. Android Market just says "A network error has occurred, Retry or Cancel", Phandroid App never loads, Weather app does not update, ect. I WAS rooted but i deleted z4 root and titanium backup to save space i guess. But the thing is, It works from time to time. If i keep pressing retry it rarely works, if i turn wi-fi off and then on again it sometimes works, and if i turn the phone off then on,again it sometimes works too, but then eventually it goes back to not working. Help please? :)

If you could state whether you deleted anything, namely system apps(Google apps especially)&if you are using any task killer/& or battery saving apps,that would be a good starting point for troubleshooting.
Thanks & please keep us posted on your progress.
And,of course, a big welcome to the Jungle.;)

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
I would try running w/o ATK, at least while troubleshooting, to eliminate the possibility that it is the problem, & proceed from there.Also,if you're using an overclock/CPU app,make sure it is not dialed down too low or turn it completely off while troubleshooting as well.If you are still unrooted, you do not need to have a CPU app,as most,I believe,require 'root' access.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
I've been experiencing the same problem for the past few days. When connected to Wifi, any app that needs internet connection works for 5 -10 seconds and then times out. I have to retry the connection after that. Before the problem occurred it was working Very Well.

No task killer or battery savor installed.
I did a reboot of Metros' Stock Recovery but it didn't help.:(

Upvote 0
It does sound like a connection problem. I get the same error message when I have a similar problem but I am with Cricket and it usually corrects itself if I do the following steps:

1. Cear my cache

2. Clear The Market cache and data

3. Turn my phone off and back on

If you continue to have probs....take the battery out and leave it out for 5 minutes and then put it back in and reboot.

This can help in many other situations as well.

Good luck! Hope Metro gets things fixed soon.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones