1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Serious problems - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkelly0o0, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jkelly0o0

jkelly0o0 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2010
    I've been rooted without issue since about April, but I cracked the screen on my Evo and had best buy send it out for repairs. When I got it back (not sure if I even got my phone back or a refurb) it was un-rooted with all the sprint stuff back on. I re-rooted with the lastest revolutionary, no problems there. Got rid of clockwork in favor of amon and flashed the rom I was using before (synergy). Once synergy loaded up it rebooted the phone while I was trying to log into my accounts and failed to load up again. I tried wiping the phone, using different roms, kernels (namely freedom universal and nightly) all with similar results. I ended up going back with a mostly stock rom (4.24.651.1 De-Odexed)and that worked for a day or so before giving me the same problems. This morning I got synergy RLS1 working and haven't had problems YET. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Welcome to the forums!!!!:D:D

New phone, different results.

All phones can react differently with any specific rom or kernel. What works great for one phone may suck on another.

Unfortunately, if you have time, you may have to do some flashing, tweaking, nandroiding, wiping........for a little while and determine what your new phone likes;)

3. jkelly0o0

jkelly0o0 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2010
    Thats about he answer I was expecting, lol. Any suggestions on what might prove to be more stable for rom/kernel?

4. clint.j.monroe

clint.j.monroe Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Sourcing/Technical Rep - Industrial Metalworking
    Brunswick, OH
    I'm pretty new to all this stuff, and have had great success with Mik3D and Golden Monkey 1.1, I'm still doing a little reading before messing around with setcpu, but thus far it's been incredibly stable.

MikG v2.45 was even smoother on my Evo, you might want to give that a shot with the same kernel.

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    try mikg 2.45. it is a very stable and fast rom. also which freedom kernel are you on? there are four of them now. start with the aggressive and move on down the list to figure if one of those works for you. i'm on the aggressive freedomeand i might try the more freedom next. also the golden monkey 1.1 did great on my phone as well

6. jkelly0o0

jkelly0o0 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2010
    I can't get the download link to 2.45 to work, so I've got mik3d downloading now. BTW, I was using the regular freedom kernel (not agressive/more/less freedom). I did download the agressive and more freedom and also golden monkey.

Tags: