1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Serious problems with LG K7

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by daniboss, May 25, 2016.

1. daniboss

daniboss Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2015
    So I recently got a new LG K7. So being a complete idiot I did not back up my phone, then I proceeded to root it with kingroot then because it only has 8gb of storage I thought "well I really want to get GTA SA on my phone so ill just delete a couple of things in there to make it work." So I deleted a ton of Google play stuff and when I realized I would not be able to accomplish my goal I found out I messed up Google play for good. Fine I said I'll just factory reset. But when I factory reseted it would so the normal checking for connection thing except that it never ends (i left it sitting like that for a full 24 hours) so... yeah... my phone is basically screwed up. I took it to Tmobile to see if they could help but they pointed me here so now I'm just seeing if any of you can help. Thanks -Daniel

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    This is new. In another forum, apparently somebody from Google forums pointed them to Android Central. Lol.

Anyway, the best recourse for you would be to tey flashing the stock ROM for your phone. I have no experience with LG devices for specific instructions, but this forum has an LG phones section, and see if therr are more specific instructions there for your specific model. However, for rooting and flashing info, XDA forums is the best source of the files you need.

iowabowtech likes this.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Yeah ideally, you'd flash a kdz or tot from download mode which you can access using the hard keys even in hung boot scenario such as yours. However, I'm not sure one exists for your device. So if that were the case, the bail out plan (assuming tmo is absolutely not going to help you and you have no other choices left) would be to check out this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/qa-metro-pcs-lg-k7-lgms330-t3331678

A couple people reported twrp working on the tmo variant. So if you can access the bootloader using a different combo of hard key presses, and if fastboot is still working on LP for your device (it doesn't on some/many LG's, only kitkat and earlier), then you could unlock, flash/boot twrp and lobby in that thread for somebody with a tmo variant to create a nand backup for you or dd write the system.img and upload it for you. Either option would get you back up and running.