1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Serious texting issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YoungManBlues, Feb 20, 2011.

1. YoungManBlues

YoungManBlues Lurker

My problem is this: when I text certain people, they either get my texts as blank or as boxes. But not all the time. It usually only happens if I exceed 120 characters, at which point my phone starts breaking it up into several texts, despite being under the character limit for one individual text. I tried several workarounds and third-party SMS clients like Handcent, but these only fixed the problem momentarily. I've also done a factory reset, taken my battery out, and spoken with Verizon tech support (nobody there had ever heard of this issue and said it must be my phone). My research has discovered that very few Droid X users have experienced this problem worldwide (but almost always just when texting EnV phones). Whether it's a problem with this individual phone or the network as a whole remains unclear. So my options are a one-time replacement where I have to eat the shipping costs, or deal with it until a firmware update and hope that fixes the bug completely. I bought the phone out-of-state recently during a trip and have to either ship it back to that store for a replacement, or get a "like new" replacement from Verizon. I'm hesitant to do this because I had issues with identity theft once before and hate the idea of someone having direct access to my phone. Any advice, guys?

Advertisement