• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Seriously About to Elbow Drop my Droid

jive495

Lurker
May 15, 2010
Ok, first off, Ill start by saying I know there are many, many root problem threads, I know Ive read most of them. I have not found any similar to mine or with any kind of answer that has helped me. Posting was my last resort but Im at my wits end here.

Im, admittedly a newb to rooting as the Droid is my first "smart phone". I only rooted to manually install the 2.1 update early, that update and the Swype beta .apk are the only root programs Ive installed, no probs. After looking around at all the cool custom roms I decided I wanted to try and install one. I downloaded rootdroidpro as the guide suggested and tried to install busybox with no luck. I tried dozens of times with the program and manually installing with a file off the net, no luck. So I figured I jacked something up and was trying to unroot to factory default so I could reroot, again no luck (meaning it wouldnt let me unroot). In my recovery screen I keep getting the message "E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7) Installation aborted". Ive tried literally dozens of guides and files all of which resulting in the same result. Im getting permission denied in my terminal emulator even though I know Im rooted. To top it all off, I cant create a backup of any kind.

Im not sure what I did or what to do at this point but any help/advice will be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones