1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Seriously considering MS phone. Should I?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by norb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    As all the band 12 android phones in the $200 range are laggy, poor reception crap that many times cant even read 64 gb cards and sometimes, as is the case with the m4 aqua, dont even have otg support, I am looking elsewhere for a phone now. I know the specs suck, but the specs arent everything as my m4 aqua and blu studio one experience shows. My first gen moto g ran circles around them. I am worried now that all the snappdragon 615-ish phones are like this. What I need to know most is 1) Is there a non subscription, I aint renting software, androir open office equivelent on the lumia? I want it to work just like aoo, without the screen zooming everytime I touch it, and it needs to read .odt files. Mobi office sucked IMO, so I do not want anything like it. 2) I need hulu. 3) I need 64gb card support, both otg and in phone. 4) Can you load regular MS type programs onto an MS phone?

Advertisement

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Hi norb, I moved your thread to the Device Comparisons forum :)

Would the Huawei Honor 5x work? $200 no contract unlocked with band 12 and 128GB SD card support, I'm not sure if it has OTG though.

I believe only Windows Apps will work.

Hadron likes this.
  3. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    Sounds good. But it isnt on bhphoto. I need to do an exchange.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If you're looking for advice on a Windows phone, your best place to look for advice would be a windows phone forum, not an android one.

My only knowledge of windows phones is via one of the security guards at work. He's got himself an older, budget Nokia and he loves it.

psionandy likes this.
  5. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    It does seem that Windows still works better on lower end hardware than Android - despite Google's efforts with the last couple of versions of Android - so you may have the right idea. A couple of the guys I work with - both techies - have MS phones and they're really happy with them, so much so they both recently got new phones and they stuck with MS.

Don't know anything about what the different Windows phones support.

I think Kate's right that you can only install apps but MS are making efforts to build apps that work across phones, tablets and PCs running Windows 10.

El Presidente likes this.
  6. badcatz

badcatz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Male
    I came to Android after using Windows Phone for about three years. The last phone I had was a Microsoft 735 which was only $200.00 at the time. It had a decent camera, really good battery life and overall was a good, solid phone.

Windows Phone has it's own app store so if you are concerned about apps take a look at the Windows Phone app store to see if the apps you need are there. Office will most likely come pre-installed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-phone

I don't believe any Windows Phones support OTG. Most of them (but not all) will support sdcards up to 128 GB. Most (but not all I believe) will also have removable batteries.

El Presidente likes this.