• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seriously why doesnt these spammers get an ip ban?

D

Deleted User

Over the past few days ive been seeing post of the sane dude posting 15 threads of the samething and its just garbage, in resulting me to report him because everytime i load AF the only thing im seeing is him and when he does get banned or threads removed, he either creates a new account or does it again with different thread titles why isnt this guys ip banned so he cant enter the site im kijda getting tired reporting this guy otherwise if i stop itll get out if hand and the admins would have a big issue, not only this is really annoying me, it must be fustrating to keep removing the same threads over and over and over and the guy never listens like if its coming through one hlear and out his butt can someone seriously help

Last edited by a moderator:
The staff won't discuss the steps they take in public because that helps the spammers work around them. But accounts like this are of course banned at the same time the spam is deleted. IP banning assumes that the person/bot uses a static IP address, which if I were in that business I wouldn't do precisely because it would make it easy to block me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones