• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jerseystepup

Nov 16, 2010
So ive had the droid X less than 24 hours... im sitting here just now playing a game on it.. And the touch screen just totally stopped working. All the buttong on the phone itself work, but nothing on the touch screen.. Whats this all about? how do i fix it? and a problem after not even 24 hours?

So ive had the droid X less than 24 hours... im sitting here just now playing a game on it.. And the touch screen just totally stopped working. All the buttong on the phone itself work, but nothing on the touch screen.. Whats this all about? how do i fix it? and a problem after not even 24 hours?
When you first got the phone, did it prompt to download and install updates?

If so (and even if not) then I highly recommend you do a factory reset. That seems to be everyone's quick fix. I admit, I was a little skeptical that it would work. I've never had an issue with my phone, but my wife's new Droid 2 started intermittantly locking up the screen after an update.

So I did a factory reset and it hasn't locked up since. Whatever the factory reset does, it does seem to fix a variety of nagging issues. So might as well do this now before you install a million apps and customize your screens.

FYI,
If you have backup applications and data selected, you'll keep all you apps and data on the SD card after a Factory Reset, just have to set up your home screens again.

Reactions: Mikeyz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones