• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thefoodman52

Android Expert
Dec 1, 2009
Herped.jpg

Keep it on topic please.

********************​
Moderation Edit:
If you choose to partake in this thread, please adhere by the follow guidelines:
  1. Stay on topic!
  2. Posts with pictures of things that people can't help and probably wouldn't have chosen to live with will not be allowed here... Use your common sense.
  3. Stay away from anything that entails domestic abuse... Videos of friends pranking one other - stuff like thats fine. Again, just use your common sense.
  4. Have fun!
    [*]DO NOT EDIT MY EDIT!
*********************************​

I was at a Sprint store today and asked about the fee, the guy was pretty well versed in deflecting about it. He said it was more or less just for "data" regardless of the network, because Sprint expects there to be so much more data being consumed. He also did a good job of pointing how AT&T did the same thing when the iPhone launched and how their was $25 instead of $10. I couldn't really refute anything he said.

Upvote 0
I was at a Sprint store today and asked about the fee, the guy was pretty well versed in deflecting about it. He said it was more or less just for "data" regardless of the network, because Sprint expects there to be so much more data being consumed. He also did a good job of pointing how AT&T did the same thing when the iPhone launched and how their was $25 instead of $10. I couldn't really refute anything he said.

I still see it as an investment into 4G... my brother in law recently came from Upstate Arizona (where it is 1xRTT) to Vegas with his hero.. He couldn't believe how much faster EVDO REV A. was (he never had a smart phone before he moved to arizona). I remember when I first got my Samsung A920 with the original EVDO and I was amazed at the blazing speed but it wasn't everywhere.. In fact I remember them talking about the expense involved in upgrading existing towers to support EVDO speeds... then they went to Rev. A and it was hit or miss... Now everywhere is at least EVDO Rev. A...

And my bill is WAY smaller now than it was back then... even with the $10 fee.. no problems from me... keep the speed in creases and great plan prices coming....

Upvote 0
I honestly don't care what the explanation is or what the real reason is. It's like last year, I wanted a Pre, so I had to switch to a more expensive plan and if people want an Evo, they have to pay more, end of story.

You mean... if you like it get it if you don't, then don't? But that flies in the face of the entitlement society! IF YOU HAVE IT I WANT IT AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!...

God Bless Texas...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones