1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Serves Samsung right for omitting the removable battery and SD support last year!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Jan 28, 2016.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

There is talk that the S7 will introduce a hybrid slot that can take either a second SIM or a microSD. This bodes very well for the Note 6. I bought the Notes 3 & 4 (great device) but skipped the 5 over the lack of microSD support. Hopefully it'll come back in the 6. Heaven knows I've let Samsung know that I will not buy a device without the slot... and my money is waiting for a Note 6 but only if it has a slot for the microSD.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I thought the S5 was a great phone, and it is...

but, my Note 4 is a lot better in a some very distinct ways.
    • The microphone picks up everything within 15 feet, the Voice Recorder app actually works.
    • The speaker actually works and can be heard. My wife and I can hold a decent telco conversation with our son on Speaker Phone.
    • The display is just enough larger that I can see websites displayed normally in landscape mode.
    • and it still has the extSDcard and removable battery.
    • and for whatever reason, it does not lock up like the S5 would on occassion.

the downside to the Note 4, it is a lot heavier than my S5 which I always carried in my tee shirt pocket. The extra weight of it ( with the military case on it ) is enough I don't carry it in my shirt pocket anymore.

When the S6 was released w/o either the SD card, or a replaceable battery, I just quit looking at it.

3. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Uh... I started this thread with a link with title on Samsung losing a lot of money last year and why the title. What happened to that???

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Not sure... hmmmmmm

5. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

6. javamann

javamann Android Enthusiast

I'm with you, Jack!

JM

7. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews