1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GrenadeMan, Jan 2, 2014.

1. GrenadeMan

GrenadeMan Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    Before I had this phone, I had a phone called the LG motion. I have metro p_c_s and I have their unlimited 4 g l t e data plan. With the LG motion, I had 4G everywhere I went. I live in Lansing Michigan, to help you guys out. With the phone I have now, the Kyocera hydro xtrm, I get a range from G,2G,3G,4G and 4G LTE. Which isn't necessarily a problem, but at the same time, it is. At my workplace my lg motion got 4G everywhere I went. But with my kyocera hydro xtrm, I get 2g only and not 4G. I have tried messing with the settings and numerous times, I've call MetroPCS numerous times about it and they've done a maintenance ticket and said that they fix the problem but I still only get 2g there. Can anyone help me out with this issue? The phone is not rooted and it's about 3 weeks old.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Sounds like one of two things. Either the Kyocera just doesn't have the receive sensitivity on the 3G/4G frequencies (which there's nothing you can do about it - that's how it was made), or it's got a problem with its receiver, in which case they should replace it. (Unless it has an antenna contact issue - that can be fixed in 10 minutes by a competent tech who knows the phone.)

3. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Cupertino, CA
    You should also try to update your prl. Try dialing *228 and update your roaming list. I think it might be option 5.

4. shagpal

shagpal Newbie
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    The LG Motion is CDMA, using the old MetroPCS cdma network.

The MetroPCS Hydro XTRM is a GSM phone, and uses T-Mobile GSM/LTE network.

5. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    Exile1974, shagpal is correct in that the Kyocera phone is a GSM phone while the moron is a CDMA phone. Both phones get LTE, but the moron got the old Metro LTE and the Kyocera gets the T-Mobile LTE. A lot of places are being combined, so you'll have to see if that's happened where you live.

Oh, updating the PRL, that'll only work on CDMA phones.