1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Services or Needed Apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lostdroid, Jun 29, 2011.

1. lostdroid

lostdroid Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    The Internet
    I just made the jump to a smartphone from haveing my LG Voyager for over 3 years. I mainly got one because of verzion screwing of people and removing the unlimited data plans after July 7th.

Anyway I got eh DINC2. I have looked over most things and I found the manage applications and services.

Now I was wondering what can I remove or stop permanently? and how do I do that?

Some things won't let you uninstall them. Like Facebook something or other. Don't care, don't want it, don't use facebook. And there are others that turn on when the phone does. I want to keep the battery alive for more than a day and I don't need social media junk.

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    What you are trying to remove you will see referred to as Bloatware. Either HTC or Verizon put this on the phone. Until we are able to root the phone you will not be able to uninstall any of these apps. We should be able to get root access soon so till then you'll have to live with them on your phone.

3. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    New York
    Temp root already exists and will allow you to run Bloat Freezer (or similar) to freeze the bloatware. The root won't survive a reboot (hence temp), but the bloat freezing will.