• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
On my old Eris, when you were viewing an image in the gallery and hit "menu-->set as" you were given an option for "set as lockscreen". I do not have this option on my DInc2 running 2.3 OTA. I don't know if this option vanished due to the different OS or from a different version of sense.

Does anyone know of a way to set an image for your lockscreen? (I miss seeing my perfectly cropped photo of a portal 2 turret upon boot/wake up.)

So, I still have yet to find a setting on the DInc 2 to change the background... so, I started browsing the market and came across "Goto".

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.innowebtech.g0t0&feature=search_result
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw4co2M9Fzg

Thing definitely looks pretty cool. It'll allow you completely customize your lockscreen and it's got a lot of features that the sense 3.0 lockscreen has, just with a different look. I'm slight hesitant to try it, as it is a paid app ($1.49 isn't really a lot though) and a lot of people are saying it has bugs lately as well as draining the battery.

Anyone here tried it and want to chime in?

Upvote 0
On my old Eris, when you were viewing an image in the gallery and hit "menu-->set as" you were given an option for "set as lockscreen". I do not have this option on my DInc2 running 2.3 OTA. I don't know if this option vanished due to the different OS or from a different version of sense.

Does anyone know of a way to set an image for your lockscreen? (I miss seeing my perfectly cropped photo of a portal 2 turret upon boot/wake up.)

I was wondering the same thing (also coming from an Eris) . How are you liking this widgetlocker?

Upvote 0
I was wondering the same thing (also coming from an Eris) . How are you liking this widgetlocker?

I've been using WidgetLocker for a while and it has been working fine. There are many options including using different wallpaper on the lockscreen. It is easily customized - there are many slider themes to choose from, you can put widgets on the screen, etc. It is complex and it takes a little time to figure it all out, but it's worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones